cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the word Plusnett*rs banned from these forums?

channel
Grafter

I only ask because for some reason my signature has changed without me editing it?

In fact, if I look at the tags in my signature then they are intact but, for whatever reason, your forums are overwriting the words I have written?
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Your PlusNetters line shows for me.
Plusnetters.co.uk - For all former plusnetters!
[color=orange]Plusnetters.co.uk - For all former plusnetters![/color]

Very odd.

Chilly
Community Veteran

Doh!

You are right it is changing PlusNett*rs to PlusNet.

OK, its 3 AM I will take another look, at a more sane time.

Chilly
Community Veteran

All sorted, the real reason is boring, so I will let the conspiracy theorists come up with a better one.

Chilly
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

The Government attempted to hush up the website by contracting the CIA to release memory altering drugs into the water supply, after the nanobot tracking devices we're made to put in our tea and coffee every morning, led them to realise that the aliens were close to discovering that Elvis is still alive and living with Marilyn Monroe on the set of the moon landings in Roswell.

Read it here first folks.
Community Veteran

The forum scripts spotted tt (TT) and should have replaced the word with 'Talk Talk' so the line would say Talk Talk - For all former plusnetters! but a typo stopped it working properly Wink
Community Veteran

Peter you give me an idea, use the word censor to change "Talk Talk" into "Walk Walk" :twisted:

Chilly
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I noticed this yesterday too, the previous thread I raised on here on the 22nd May about PlusNetters not working had changed to PlusNet. So the thread made no sense. Thought I was going mad as was sure I typed it correctly originally!

And now it's changed back to how it was, very odd ..

Some kind of script being run on the underlying database?
Community Veteran

It will have been the word censor which can also be used to replace word matches with other words apart from [censored] link.

Some one probably added Plusnet* to replace with PlusNet (big N) and it caught Plusnetters
Community Veteran

Spot on Peter.

The forum word censor is set so that plusnet is always shown with capital "P" capital "N".

There was also an entry from PlusNet* to stop people adding words to the end, but with the unforeseen issue that PlusNetters is then censored, which was never the intention.

Chilly
Community Veteran

:mrgreen:
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Ahh I see, I never used the word censor - so just looking at my admin panel for one of my sites now.

I assume most words are replaced with the [censored] and the hyperlink to the rules - but some, like this one can be replaced with something else.
Community Veteran

The word filter is pretty good. It allows you to change any word (or words) into something else.

It used to just change naugty words into [censored] but we (back when I was a moderator) decided to change it to link into the forum rules.

We actually added a few other words to the filter as well, so we could use quick links to things like contact us and the tutorials.