cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it just me.....................................

N/A

Or has the world gone potty

Yesterday a 37y/o man was arrested after bringing an 11y/o girl to hospital to give birth

TODAY

An 11y/o girl is just about to give birth after becoming pregnant from her 15y/o boyfrind, and her mum is RUDDY PROUD OF HER!!

NUTZOID!!!

Her 34-year-old mother told the newspaper: "I'm not ashamed of my daughter at all - in fact, I'm proud of her for keeping her baby."
23 REPLIES
N/A

Its been potty for ages mate!

The whole fabric of society is falling (has fallen) apart. There is very little of what made Britain Great left any more, its about time the worm turned and something started to happen.
N/A

(Correction - she's 12 now - got pregnant @11 - not that it makes a huge difference to the stupidity of it all)

OMG

Its just been featured again on BBC R1 news - apparently she's enjoying it, and hasn't given up SMOKING!!! @ 12

This is a child, whose mother is telling the entire country that she proud of her!

Bloomin' wierdo's :shock:
Alecto
Grafter

It's OK though. Our taxes will help to keep her in fags, booze and childcare.

Problem is they've all got rights, and nobody has any responsibilities - responsibilities are for other people and the state.

Do anything you like and it's somebody else's fault if you damage yourself, or probably the state's for not warning you enough and not stopping you. Not that the state can stop you cos you've got rights. But you'll be kept in luxury anyway. It's only those who try to help themselves who get picked on by the nice labour government.

People have no respect for anything, least of all themselves.

Oh dear, sounds like I'm going into "policemen were older in my day, and you could leave your door unlocked, and bacon tasted like bacon" mode. Better pack in and have a lie down.

Cry
N/A

Altenatively - you don't have to play the 'hard done by' card, you can always just get yourself into government, and ride the gravy train for years and years - without ever actually having to do a great deal.
N/A

James & Geoff

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU BOTH!!

We will pay to look after them, and i am sure she will be ETERNALLY greatful!!
Alecto
Grafter

I read the story while having coffee and scones in Betty's in York this morning. It is even better than I thought.
The girl started smoking at 9 and drinking at 10.
She smokes 20 a day, and was drunk, aged 11, at the time of the impregnation, though "gave her consent"
Her mother, aged 34, has six children, including the pregnant one, and they live in a council house. No fathers were mentioned, apart from the 15 year old who may not even get prosecuted.

I wish I knew how much that lot cost the state every week. No doubt when the child arrives, they will require rehousing into a bigger council house.
N/A

Around £83 in child benefit, probably around 50-60 in housing, maybe 10-12 in council tax, this is all a week btw...and that doesnt include if any are claiming any form of disabiltiy!!

And before the PC lot start ranting, I am not saying everyone on a council estate claims disability wrongly....been there, lived the hell, and know of a few who do. Not all do though.

Drinking at 10 hey, I remember living out in Cyprus, my father gave me a drink of the local spirit (A TINY BIT) god was I ill....., I would love to know how they can afford to smoke 20fags a day, thats what, 35 a week in fags alone!! at least you know why she got pregnant....they couldnt afford the condoms...either that, or didnt know how to use them...
N/A

Ok how much do they get

1 x £17.50 & 5 x £10.50 ( approx & if all 6 are under 16 ) = 70 ( Child Benefit )
6 x £44 ( approx & if all under 16 ) = 264 ( Child Tax Credit )
£18.50 ( approx ) For council tax per week if in band A with a goind rate of approx £900 per annum
£58 ( approx ) per week in council rent for the house.
£45 - £50 per week for income support for the mum.

Total = 455.50 Approx. Per week. This is just from whats listed above.

Now dont anyone get me wrong. I dont think that people living on benefits for life is right. I know from personal experience that its not the merry go round everyone thinks it is. Yes from the outside looking in it looks easy and you get to live a life of little worry. Wrong, this is perhaps the case if you also commit fraud and work whilst on benefit yes, but if you get only what your entitled too then im afraid your in for a very rough and a very long ride.

Anyway enough of my past experiences.
Alecto
Grafter

That's more than a lot of people earn.
It's hard to believe they're having it rough on that, when the 11 year old can afford to smoke 20 a day and get drunk.
N/A

I HAVE been on that side of the fence unfortunatley, and we were TOTALLY honest with benefit peeps...to the point where we were living off £64 per week, for 2 adults and 2 kids, out of that, shopping, electric, gas, water rates, any bus fares n stuff, so no it aint easy, but the amounts that some people get, is it any wonder they dont want to go to work...1800 a month in benefits is more than my wife pulls in as a full time nurse!

N/A

Indeed,

Being honest and being on benefits is not something that tends to go hand in hand.
I often wonder how the goverment can moan about people who have to do things to get that little extra money. I thought it would have been obvious that if you drive people on benefits so close to extinction that they will go and do things not permitted to try and survive ( I think this is what they call having err survival instinct? ).

I dont think that wanting to remain on benefits is right, I prefer to work as it gets me out and about. But again I have to wonder about what incentive the goverment actually do give to make people see the advantages of working?
Example, not long ago I was in a low earning job, yes I was entitled to tax credits and was awarded these. In total ( Job + Tax credits ) we made about £10k a year. out of this I had to pay all bills and pay for petrol etc. The funny thing was I moved jobs which was higher paying and closer to home, the shocking bit was that as the income from my main job went up so did the award from tax credits Huh?

I need about £14000 - £15000 to keep this house afloat per year, but what incentive was I given to stay in work? Now I know I need a high paying job to get any sort of benefit from tax credits I will aim for high paying jobs.

All in all I think the government are as much to blame as the people taking advantage of the system.
N/A

I read the story while having coffee and scones in Betty's in York this morning. It is even better than I thought.
The girl started smoking at 9 and drinking at 10.
She smokes 20 a day, and was drunk, aged 11, at the time of the impregnation, though "gave her consent"
Her mother, aged 34, has six children, including the pregnant one, and they live in a council house. No fathers were mentioned, apart from the 15 year old who may not even get prosecuted.

I wish I knew how much that lot cost the state every week. No doubt when the child arrives, they will require rehousing into a bigger council house.

What would your solution be Geoff?

I can only surmise: :shock:
N/A

The amount that the family gets is only part of the picture when it comes to how much it costs the state... every payment that is made will also cost the state to process, so although they [the family] get 1800-2000 per month, the cost to the state will be quite a bit higher once the beaurocrats have had their wages added too.
shellsong
Grafter

Yeah, I think the LibDems estimated that if all pensioners were paid the full state pension with means testing being scrapped then no extra money would need to be raised to pay for it due to the removal of the relevant layers of beaurocracy-- I don't know how accurate their figures were but it seems quite feasible to me!

Of course there might be extra costs involved in that the ex beaurocrats might end up on the dole! Tongue