cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invision Power Board yet again

N/A

Invision Power Board yet again

I have loaded my files for this board outside the cgi bin and still I can't get it to work. I'm sure I have all the right permissions having CHMODed the files as per the instructions with the board but I still can't run the sm_install.php file. I have been back to Invision to see if maybe I have a duff script but they say no. Any help much appreciated.
--
every thing I have learned, some one else took the time to teach me.
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Invision Power Board yet again

Just to check how are you trying to run the installer? Secondly do you get any error messages, if so what are they? As I said a long time ago, F9 does not allow (or didn't the last time I checked) users to delete tables from their database by any means other than their portal provided mysql admin tool. The installer for invisionboard does make use of DROP statements to remove tables from a database and for this reason when I tried to install it, it failed. I do seem to remember that phpbb installed fine though.

> I have loaded my files for this board outside the cgi bin and still I can't get it to work. I'm sure I have all the right permissions having CHMODed the files as per the instructions with the board but I still can't run the sm_install.php file. I have been back to Invision to see if maybe I have a duff script but they say no. Any help much appreciated.

N/A

RE: Invision Power Board yet again

I am trying to run it by typing the absolute path in to the address bar. The only error messages I get are the standard ones that the page is unavailable for *.* reason. I did get a different one today though that said I might need to update Internet Explorer to 128 bit encryption. I can say that but I don't really know what it means, some thing to do with security I think. I don't know maybe I'm just too stupid to do this.It's just that I've done every thing I've been told and it's pretty frustrating when it just plain won't work. Sorry, don't mean to whinge :-)
Chrissy
> Just to check how are you trying to run the installer? Secondly do you get any error messages, if so what are they? As I said a long time ago, F9 does not allow (or didn't the last time I checked) users to delete tables from their database by any means other than their portal provided mysql admin tool. The installer for invisionboard does make use of DROP statements to remove tables from a database and for this reason when I tried to install it, it failed. I do seem to remember that phpbb installed fine though.
>
> > I have loaded my files for this board outside the cgi bin and still I can't get it to work. I'm sure I have all the right permissions having CHMODed the files as per the instructions with the board but I still can't run the sm_install.php file. I have been back to Invision to see if maybe I have a duff script but they say no. Any help much appreciated.
>
>


--
every thing I have learned, some one else took the time to teach me.
N/A

RE: Invision Power Board yet again

When you say absolute path, you're not using the *nix path to your home directory on the CGI server are you?

Say you've uploaded into a folder named inv_bb in the root of your CGI server home directory. Then you need to type:
http://cgi.<username>.force9.co.uk/inv_bb/sm_install.php into your browser, substituting your username for <username>


> I am trying to run it by typing the absolute path in to the address bar. The only error messages I get are the standard ones that the page is unavailable for *.* reason. I did get a different one today though that said I might need to update Internet Explorer to 128 bit encryption. I can say that but I don't really know what it means, some thing to do with security I think. I don't know maybe I'm just too stupid to do this.It's just that I've done every thing I've been told and it's pretty frustrating when it just plain won't work. Sorry, don't mean to whinge :-)
> Chrissy