cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interpreting BT Upgrade schedule

N/A

Hi,

I've just checked the BT adsl uprage schedule but can't work out when my DSLAM will be upgraded. For my exchange there are 6 DSLAMs listed, only one of which contains ADSL in it's ID (the others just say DSL). The date for the DSL ones is April and May, but the ADSL one is July.

Is this a relevant detail, or could I be upgraded as part of the DSL DSLAM upgrades?

I wouldn't like to rush in and pay £15 for the upgrade right now and then find that a week later the free upgrades had rolled out.

Thanks,
AC
10 REPLIES
N/A

I agree with you, with the upgrades to the exchange that I am on, April 5th has come and gone, now May 5th has come and gone, that just leaves June 5th as the next date, mind you, who can trust BT to get anything right or ontime.

At least I have only 3 dates.

Telewest looking better all the time.
N/A

now May 5th has come and gone, that just leaves June 5th as the next date.

Don't give up, it's not May 5th, its May 2005 so the regrade can be anytime this month or next.

Graham
N/A

Just rechecked, it does say the 5th for each of those months.
N/A

No, the document says Apr-05, May-05, Jun-05 which is April 2005, May 2005, June 2005. The whole upgrade program is being done between April and the end of June.

Graham
N/A

I stand corrected, lol
N/A

BT SChedule for DSLAM upgrades

Hi,

Typical BT gobble de gooke the schedule information is written for BT staff not for BT punters like us what do you expect. And No!! I still have a few brain cells left and I couldnt interpret the BT schedule for my exchange either so your not alone.

**Its frustrating I know but its a sit tight and do nothing kind of process unfortunately, we're in the hands of the lumbering dinosaur which is BT and it moves at its own speed and not always at the speed the rest of us would like.

Ivan
N/A

So will Force 9 be upgrading everyone FOC to the 2mb service? How do I find out when my exchange is being done (if it hasn't been already)?
slev
Grafter

Hi

Have a look at the link in the first post here and read the pdf document there, it will list your exchange when it is due for the upgrades.

Your exchange maybe listed more than once throughout the list,

Regards

Ian
N/A

Are BT blaming our line ?

Just checked out the link in the first post. It says that our exchange is enabled for 2Gm but adds the warning

"However, there appears to a compatibility issue with your phone line. This could be caused by an existing broadband connection, ISDN, a DACS unit, TPON, a pending ADSL order or many other common issues. This will need to be resolved before ADSL can be supplied to your line.

Your BT ADSL code is: GGEC "

Hmmm.... interesting as we already have ADSL (512K). The house is on a new estate so the lines would have been put down sometime over the last three or so years. Can anyone shed any light on this ?

Regards
slev
Grafter

Hi

the warning is only beacuse your line is currently activated and using adsl at the moment

This could be caused by an existing broadband connection

Regards

Ian