cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet access down again...

N/A

Ah, yes. Another 24 hours without internet access thanks to Farce 9. I either couldn't connect or my connection was so slow that it took an hour to load my home page.

Of course, given that I am trying desperately to leave Farce 9 it may be that they are not too interested in providing me with an actual service. I note however that they are still happy for me to continue paying them.

Was everyone’s connection down, or just mine? Is this the way that Farce 9 treats unhappy customers? If so - fair warning to you all.
7 REPLIES
N/A

Connectivity and speed issues getting worse

Hmm connectivity seems to be a common issue with Force9, I have also had problems on a regular basis connecting to their network. My modem says the ADSL line is fine, however it can sometimes take 5 or even 10 mins to actually connect.

Speeds recently have been disgracefully low. I pay for premier service however there is nothing premier about it. Peak and off-peak speeds have been around 20k/s which is quite frankly pathetic. I pay for a service I dont receive - or certainly havent for the last 3-4weeks.

I have just raised a ticket to question why they do not supply their advertised, and 'agreed by contract' service and speeds. I hope they come up with an answer soon otherwise I will also be leaving Farce 9 for an ISP that does provide what they say they will provide.

post on this thread people with you complaints about the conenctivity and speed and maybe they will take notice and lease some more lines and bandwidth
N/A

Poor speeds

I'm getting fed up with constantly having my speeds dropped.
One minute its fine the next its pathetic.

They say I download a lot at peak times but I don't.
The only thing I can think of is the online gaming that I play. If this is so, why can't they tell me? I do ask but get fed the same story, blah blah blah.
Would my problem be solved if I upgraded to a bigger package or will I still have my speeds dropped at busy times?
astarsolutions
Grafter

Have you checked your broadband usage to see exactly how much bandwidth you are using and what is using it?
N/A

Thanks for your reply. What do you make of this?

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 46

Your peak usage at 5.2GB is over the 4GB limit for BB Plus so it is not surprising that you are experiencing very restricted speeds in peak hours 4PM to 12 midnight. All the instances of low speeds that you showed are in peak hours.

The highest proportion of your usage is classed as Web browsing, adding up to 3.92GB. I assume F9 CSC were referring to this when they spoke of "downloading" (browsing or downloading files through your browser - the downloading component is normally the most significant for usage of this magnitude). Gaming at 0.89GB comes next.

Whether you would find one of the new Broadband Your Way packages more suitable for your requirements requires assessment against the specifications of these. Note that peak hours for the new packages are 8AM to 12 midnight. F9 CSC should be able to help with assessing the new packages against your usage.

David
David
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 46

To add to the above:

Depending on how close to the end of your billing month you were when you provided the snapshot of your bandwidth usage, my feeling is that BBYW Option 2 at £14.99 per month would be insufficient for your needs, though topping up usage at £1 per GB (or 75p if prepaid) could be considered. BBYW Option 3 at £19.99 per month could be the most suitable.

Reference to this page and this one might help you decide.

I emphasise my comments should *not* be interpreted as a recommendation - only you can properly assess your needs. In particular, can the significant P2P usage be restricted to the midnight to 8AM off-peak hours on the new packages?

David
David
N/A

OK, thanks for your replies. It looks like I might need to upgrade then.