cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Browsing Problems

N/A

Hi,
Just recently started getting the below errors when following links via random webpages. Only intermittenty when a link is selected will I get the following screen displayed.

1. The BTWholesale access circuit to your Service Provider is currently down.
Your service should be resumed soon.
Or
2. You are testing your local connection to BT using
‘bt_test_user@startup_domain’
Or
3. You are testing your connection to your Service Provider using ‘bt_test_user@domain’ where domain is your Service Provider domain name.
Or
4. Your Service Provider is currently unable to accept your connection request please wait until service is restored or contact your Service Provider for further information.
Or
5. You have attempted to access an invalid Service Provider domain.

I use Firefox as default to browse, but when I paste the URL into IE6 I can access the site. I thought it was related to Firefox browser until I had the same problems browsing on a laptop which only uses IE6.
Anyone have any ideas as this is quite frequent and been happening for a couple of weeks. Was unable to contact F9 Support by phone (Busy line) so thought i'd post here.

Note:
Have Rebooted my ADSL Router and other hardware.
Have checked my connection login is my F9 username.
The routers log is not showing any line drops, neither is the connection from PC to router.
I run Noton Firewall and antivirus. (All uptodate), also use Ad-aware.
Can only assume this is a problem with BT or F9 as this happens on multiple machines. running both XP & Win2000 with different browsers.

Once I have accessed the URL via IE6, the link will now work through Firefox. I imagine caching is happening somewhere although not through my browser as the 2 are not compatable.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Just discovered its not just links.
Opened browser and entered www.aximusers.com
(Site I regularily visit)

Got the BT Error screen. Shutdown browser and restarted. URL loaded OK.

mmm.....This is annoying. Hope it won't affect online gaming.
N/A

N/A

Thanks for the tip.
I've tried flushing the DNS now so fingers crossed. Have not been able to reproduce the BT Error screen yet.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks,
Mike.