cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info, ASP and all things boring!

N/A

OK, Due to pressures, (as in if you want to pass your HND you will do as the assignments ask) I have had to start dabbling in (spits) .asp Not too bad, once you get the hang of it. (ie Ooooh look, some sample code free to use, I'll play with that!)

Now, here comes my problems. I have my server set up on XP using indigoperl, mySQL, and some generic freeware FTP package. And I am very happy with it! But to enable .asp I needed either a) to use IIS, which will not work as my server (indigoperl etc) hijacks incoming traffic, or, use a third party add-on. So I went and got me SunONE active server pages, 30 day trial.... except 30 days = 5 days and now it says no licences available. Sun tech support are worse than useless, (Maybe sun use the same tech support as a certain ISP from America) I need either a licence file for the above sun product, (50 zillion quid I believe, cos I cant find one on google) or an alternative add on. any suggestions anyone?
1 REPLY
N/A

ASP only really works properly though IIS mate, sorry.

Sun's ASP client and other such addons done use VBScript, I tried it a while ago and ended up with an addon which needed the scripting to be in PerlScript?!?

Dont know much about your server software, but couldnt you run PWS on port 81? and have both at the same time?