cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indian call centres?!

N/A

Indian call centres?!

:shock:

I called support today and got through to an Indian call centre!! :shock: I was so taken by surprise that I totally forgot what I was calling about...!

Are Plus.Net moving all support over to an Indian call centre, or is that just for overflow? Whats the deal? I'd really like to know.

If Plus.Net are in the process of moving all support to an indian call centre, then I am very sorely disappointed.

I don't know about you, but I personally HATE Indian call centres. It's nothing against Indians at all, I love the culture and the people, but when you're talking technical, particuarly over the phone it's always MUCH easier to be talking to somebody from the same country, as you don't have to repeat yourself as much, and don't have to ask them to repeat what they said too.

It's mostly accent thats the problem - People from other countries often have trouble understanding me at the best of times; I'm a Geordie.

James

Moderators note by Chris: I've now moved this thread to the General forum as it's nolonger directly related to PlusNet.
43 REPLIES
N/A

Indian call centres?!

As a worker in a UK call centre I may well be biased Smiley but It's ridiculous to have the centres in India!

I have my phone calls with Onetel and the day after I assigned all my calls to them they announced they were moving their customer services to India. I contacted them expressing my disgust, obviously that didn't make any difference to them but made me feel a tad better.

I've spoken to folk in Indian centres and found them adequate so far but it's the principle more than anything. My job relies much on my knowledge of the UK, especially locations which an Indian isn't going to have in much detail.
N/A

Indian call centres?!

Like the ability to select the internet connection and amount of bandwidth during the signup process, the customer should also be able to select whether he/she would like support from a British call centre or an Indian one Tongue

Whoever selects "Indian call centre" gets £2.00 off their monthly charge :roll: :lol:
jberry
Grafter

Indian call centres?!

Hi There,

Firstly, I can assure you that we do not have an Indian callcentre - all of our operations are based in sunny Sheffield, including the support centre!

I can only assume that you spoke to one of our members of staff who happens to have an Indian accent - they are also British. We live in a multicultural society and as such you will have to get used to speaking to people from all walks of life and not assume that they live abroad.

Regards,
N/A

Indian call centres?!

haha, lol, nice one Wink
N/A

Indian call centres?!

Nicely put Josh.
Dizzley
Grafter

Indian call centres?!

This topic has given me the best laugh from these forums in months! :lol:
I hope everyone keeps their sense of humour. Smiley We all need it.

/Pete
N/A

Indian call centres?!

quality Wink
N/A

Indian call centres?!

I think I'll go hide in a hole now

Shockedops:

Oh dear.

[Moderator's note (by Chris P.): Excessive emoticons removed]
Community Veteran

Indian call centres?!

Cheesy Cheesy The Black Hole of Calcutta perhaps Cheesy Cheesy
N/A

Indian call centres?!

Cheesy Cheesy The Black Hole of Calcutta perhaps Cheesy Cheesy

:lol:
Alecto
Grafter

Indian call centres?!

Surely the key factor is whether the call centres are any use or not?

The call centre of a well-known catalogue shop, which is based in the UK, might as well be on Mars for all the good it does. The operatives there know nothing, have no authority to do anything, and even if they did the system won't let them. Just try getting a replacement for a damaged item they've delivered when their system says it's out of stock!

I'd much rather have one based in India that could help me than a UK one that is slightly less useful than a chocolate fireguard.
:roll:
N/A

Indian call centres?!

aye... totally agree.... I shudder at the thought when I have to do a card referral to HSBC bank....... it doesn't matter where the call centre is, just as long as the staff know what they are doing, and are properly trained Smiley Halifax bank for example, no idea where the call centre is, UK I think...still.... but the staff are friendly, and have helped with everything I have thrown at them so far.

the company I work for used to use a company called ChequeMate? I think that was it, basically to check on cheques and get an authorisation code.... was superb, gr8 staff there, friendly, very quick, and always up for a natter Smiley the one that we use now is an automated system, pain in the backside, make a mistake, and you've gotta hang up and try again :roll: come off it, if ur gonna automate a system, expect errors to be made, and incorporate into the system a way to restart, when your extremely busy, and the numbers on the phone keypad have worn off, mistakes can happen quite easily.
N/A

sheffield 'v' india call centres

Wink

Ok we can all see where this is going ...

so next poll will be about "sunny sheffield"?
I just hope the call centre is not too close to barnsley...
Alecto
Grafter

Indian call centres?!

Nothing wrong with Barnsley.

Except the hills if you happen to be doing the Barnsley marathon.

:roll: