cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improving Latency

N/A

Improving Latency

I play CS:CZ and i need to look into improving my in game latency as i get some loss and choke, not much but its enough for me to worry especially if its an important game and i got some noob who rate hacks... To be frank im rubbish at improving my connection.. I go through a Netgear DG824M router (i think thats it) via my machine on XP. It shows as a gateway so anyhow.. All ive done on the router is input the dsl settings and thats it.. Ive never looked at the firewall as dont know what to do in there. .anyway i did a check on all ports and they all came back stealt.. Anyway i havent a clue on how to improve my connection on gaming.. gaming is my number one priority for DSL.. I looked into settings for MTU where its better to decrease this for gamers, but this wouldnt work on my setup surely as i have a router .. so im stuck.. can anyone help?Huh
1 REPLY
N/A

Improving Latency

You should be able to set the MTU to about 1000 on your machine, what is basically does is stop the data chunks from becoming too large, since games are based on rapid transfer of small bits of data, the idea is that the type of networks traffic (UDP) moves faster when it is in smaller chunks.

However, there are loads of sites for improving the CS connection. And there are several things that you can do in CS apart from "rate" that dramatically effect play - especailly on full servers - e.g. during matches.

I used to play CS a lot, but its been ages, and I havent got it set up just now, but I will soon I hope, then I could maybe offer you some less vague advice Wink

If you are really not getting anywhere, post back - and I will get my finger out and get back into CS

You could start with the help section on www.cseclan.com.