cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image::Magick

N/A

Is there any chance that we can get this installed on the server please? (it is a perl library, I believe)
I would install it myself, but I don't have shell access at the moment (and won't for a few weeks).
I'd have thought that these libraries might be useful for other customers. I know that it is used in MovableType -- one of the best PCMs available.

Would I have to raise a ticket?
8 REPLIES
N/A

I believe it should be available - you may need to raise a ticket. The last I heard was that a number of Perl Modules needed to be recompiled and there was something like 57000 of them. Your best bet is to raise a ticket asking for it to be checked, as its showing on http://cgi.force9.net/cgi-bin/perlinfo.cgi
N/A

did we get an answer on this?

I have a need for ImageMagick as well
N/A

The perl module is certainly there...
N/A

yeah it is working. Quite spliffily, too Smiley
N/A

That's good news.

I have found a PHP gallery from sourceforge called "gallery" and it needs imagemagick

now all I have to do is figure out how to install the thing in my cgi space. Not something I've done before and not something I know much about.

I may be back for help!
Marteknet
Grafter

Is it reliable

Is ImageMagick installed and most importantly is it reliable and stable.

I have a need for server based image manipulation routines, till now I have been using the GD library to resize, merge and display photos. But this has proved very unreliable and to be frank a total waste my of time.

Yes when it works, it works well. But it can not to be trusted to dynamically generate graphics for web pages every time they are visited. sometimes it works, sometime it doesn't, for no apparent reason.

I have raised tickets about this, but 10 hours with corrupted graphics on a web page is just too much. this has happened twice within 24 hours.

So I am looking to change to a different way of handling the graphic. has anyone here had good reliable results using ImageMagick.

Any advice would be helpful.
N/A

I use it in movabletype, and it works everytime.
Marteknet
Grafter

Thanks for your reply.

I have managed to find a workaround for the problems I was getting with GD so I will see how that continues to work if it is stable I will not change things in the code I have written but for future work I will take a look at ImageMagick.