Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IkonBoard

N/A

IkonBoard

Can some please tell how to install Ikonboard3 onto my force9 account,
i have uploaded all files to my webspace and cgi-bin
as was in the installation.
but can not run installer.cgi, please can you help,people say this is a great program and i dont want to miss out... thanks..
4 REPLIES
re-create-it
Grafter

RE: IkonBoard

> i have uploaded all files to my webspace and cgi-bin
> as was in the installation.
> but can not run installer.cgi, please can you >help,people say this is a great program and i dont >want to miss out... thanks..

I can't really help without more specific details of what you have done and what the exact problem is! However, I followed the instructions included with the software and managed to get my board up and running in a couple of hours.

Did you upload to the CGI server? Have you established your paths correctly? Can you run other scripts from the same location?

Double check that you have copied and installed all directories and completed the 'CHMOD' as per the instruciotns too. Once you have done this, the file 'installer.cgi' should be accessible via your browser in the location to which it was uploaded.

Let me know here how you get on and I'll see if I can help.
N/A

Thanks all ok now, all files now uploaded in cgi-bin and also out side the cgi-bin,
all works ok..

another 2 questions...?

now i have ikonboard how do i use it.. and PDF's
also how do upload the skins to change the look and feel of it...
re-create-it
Grafter

> Thanks all ok now, all files now uploaded in cgi-bin and also out side the cgi-bin,
> all works ok..
>
> another 2 questions...?
>
> now i have ikonboard how do i use it.. and PDF's
> also how do upload the skins to change the look and feel of it...
>

If you go to the Ikonboard website the help forums there are full of users who can give specific help. There is even a complete forum about skins.

Everything is well documented within the distribution or on the distributers website.
N/A

Im struggling with the paths, I have the cgi path sorted but the path to the non-cgi server is not documented anywhere, anyone know?