cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If only

N/A

If only

If only everyone took as much interest in politics as in FUP I am sure we would have better government. We get the government we deserve.
27 REPLIES
Community Veteran

If only

You mean a government that keeps doing a u-turn on policies every few months. Hmmm where have I seen that recently :mrgreen:
N/A

RE: Changes

@ Peter

It seems like you are getting annoyed with what is going on, I guess some decisions are "over your head" or should that be "out of your hands". :?:
LiamM
Grafter

If only

Just to let you know, Peter doesn't work for Plusnet. He is a member of the Usergroup, a Tutorial Team Member and a Plusnet Customer, just like you and I.

Thought I would point it out because occasionally his avatar can be deceiving and I don't want you to get the wrong end of the stick.
N/A

If only

No Peter, what I meant was if us electors spent as much energy in questioning and re-questioning politions then I honestly beleive theire deceit factor would drop. Wishful thinking maybe. I hate the expresion U-turn, it seems to mean weekness, and changing, or having your mind changed is, I think anything but.
Metalguru
Grafter

If only

I'm an ex service man.
I am proud of that fact, and proud of our armed forces. But I don't believe they should be used just to keep matey with the man in the White House.

I've still go the right ravin' hump about THAT really big porkie.

You know the one ............ Remember .................. When Tony Blair told us he was certain that Iraq could launch an attack with 'weapons of mass destruction' within 45 minutes.

Now we all know it was a L O B .

If he wanted to topple a mad dictator (and I think we all accept he needed toppling) why didn't he simply say so.

He didn't say so because he knew it was against international law to take the action he and Mr Bush really wanted to take.

So they made something up.

He lied and he knows it.

His lie cost lives .and I hope that is ALWAYS on his mind.

It could have been me 20+ years ago, but it was ordinary people just like me, and I'll never forgive him for that.

He thinks we have all forgotten.

But I Ain't So Sure!

And I hope everyone else remembers his weasley words, just before they put their tick in the box on the fifth of May.

End Of Rant.
N/A

If only

Oh how I agree, I have one son in the marines, spent time in Iraq, what do we think we will achieve? Democracy cannot be given, it has to be won, and by the people inside the country, not by outsiders.
madswitcher
Grafter

If only

"The price good men and women pay for not involving them selves in current affairs is to be governed by people worse than themsleves"

With appologies to Plato
madswitcher
Grafter

If only

and Dyslexia rule

Mike
N/A

If only

Better to write badly, than not at all.
Metalguru
Grafter

If only

Alecto
Grafter

If only

Excellent video @homeaga1n, but so sad that it's all true.
Everybody knows that he's lied about everything and they're still going to vote him in again. :roll:
holdtight
Grafter

If only

That is brilliant and so so true Cheesy

Im still chuckling now 10 minutes after watching it
Metalguru
Grafter

If only

Everybody knows that he's lied about everything and they're still going to vote him in again.

Perhaps I'll be proved wrong, but I've just got this gut feeling that the British electorate aren't mugs. And we just might see that in a few days time.

I won't hold my breath, but jeeeze, on May 6th, I would love to be able to say ......... "TOLD YER SO".
N/A

If only

Labour will win, with the lib dems closing the gap between themselves and the 'big 2'