cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If BT buys Plusnet Contract?

N/A

If BT buys Plusnet does that mean the terms and conditions have change on my current contract? If this is the case will people who want to leave and are tied in to the 5 year sign up (because it was not clearly stated in the T&C's) be allowed to leave without the need to pay to leave and join another ISP if they so desire. It states that if the T&C's change I then have the oppertunity to leave if I am not happy with the new 1's? Thanks
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Post removed at Liam Martin request.
N/A

How can that be so as it is a change of Terms % Conditions who is the owner of the company surley this is so?
Community Veteran

I wouldn't say so. Your contract is with PlusNet not plusnet's owners, therefore the only reason it would be a change of contract is if the new owners decided to change the Terms and Conditions.
N/A

Yes I understand what you are saying but in my contract it refairs to the company being "Plusnet" who is owned at the moment by the shareholders but that will now not be the case as it will be BT who own it. We will just have to wait and see. Thanks
Community Veteran

Still the Shareholders though. Just BT share holders now Smiley
Seriously though the company at the moment is still Plusnet and is just becoming a subsidery of BT. The actual service supplied has not changed and only if that were to happen would it be a change to the Terms and Conditions.
Community Veteran

I agree, it wont have any effect at all, just the same as when Insight bought them and eventually floated them on the market. Companies change hands all the time, dont forget with a PLC it can change hands every 5 mins anyway!
Community Veteran

This is the part of the T&C for your connections that you are looking for.
25. How this Agreement can be transferred

Neither we nor you can transfer this Agreement or any part of it except that we can transfer all or part of it to a company that is a subsidiary or holding company of ours, or a subsidiary of that holding company (all as defined by Section 736 of the Companies Act 1985 as amended by the Companies Act 1989).

Chilly
Community Veteran

Post removed at Liam Martin request.