cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IF YOU get a MAC and leave, PLEASE sign this post!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Hi all,

Right I'd like to measure how many people actually leave PN publically.

So, I've come up with this idea. It's really simply.

If you leave PLUSNET, PLEASE leave a reply in this topic!

Please don't post here unless you have actually arranged your migration - Lets just have one reply for each person migrating so we can keep an accurate count. However when you leave your only reply, feel free to leave comments on PN's service etc.

Let the counting begin!

Thanks guys!

o0(Wonder how long this thread will become?)
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
40 REPLIES
N/A

Just trying to find out how to get my MAC Code atm. Then I'm off to Be.
N/A

It's quite likely this thread will be moved to the 'Everything Internet' area, because frankly, it doesn't actually fit into any form of 'support' for problems.

I know various people have been very unhappy about traffic throttling, though many others will just have assumed "oh, it's a bit slow right now", and hardly think anything of it.

So long as PN gets back to offering sensible speeds especially during the evening for the bulk of users, it's quite likely the ones who leave will again be the top 10% of downloaders who are conscious and forever measuring how fast/slow the traffic is... So the likelihood is that a relatively small portion of users would even be thinking of leaving.

I would personally expect a rant from my sister if she thought there was a big speed issue, and she hasn't rung to bellow at me (fortunately, as she's my big sister, and I would hate for her to get cross, given she already has high blood pressure!)
N/A

I've just requested my MAC code tonight. I just can't stay with PlusNet anymore; my confidence is just rock bottom with them.

I’ve been with PlusNet almost 5 years, very very long time. I've recommended countless people, 3 of them still give me discount every month on the referral scheme still.

But I no-longer care because I just want out ASAP. I'm moving to Zen, I will likely take their 8MB account, however after PlusNets recent performance I’d be happy just with the Zen 250.
N/A

okrzynska,

Just wondering now, how would you get any sort of accurate reading on what your attempting? I mean for one only a handful ( thats less than 1% ) of the customer base visit this forum and actively take part.
So there is another approximate 99.5% from whom your not gonna get a reading and they could be happy, unhappy or half way between both worlds.

And statistically I see a point but other tha this, how do you intend this to help others?
N/A

it's quite likely the ones who leave will again be the top 10% of downloaders who are conscious and forever measuring how fast/slow the traffic is... So the likelihood is that a relatively small portion of users would even be thinking of leaving.

Take a look at the forums in here and on other broadband forum guides and you will soon realize thats its not just the top 10% downloaders who are unhappy and experiencing serious speed & connection isuues..

Plusnets traffic management has been an unmitigated disaster.
bobbygeorge
Grafter

Take a look at the forums in here and on other broadband forum guides and you will soon realize thats its not just the top 10% downloaders who are unhappy and experiencing serious speed & connection isuues..

agreed ..

a simple comparison between ISP user forums is all you need to do to see that plusnet's complaints are way beyond acceptable ..

plusnet should change this section Community Support and rename it Customer Complaints and just leave the current threads in place.

:roll:
N/A

Ive got my mac code and I'm out of here. Cheesy Ive been with plusnet for nearly 2 years with the Broadband Premier package. For the last few months the connections got more and more unreliable, downloads have got slower and slower to the point where I'm lucky to get 1k at peak time and I get no more than 10k at 2am. I don't download much but when I do I want it to work. After reading this forum it looks like I'm not alone.
On top of that there are better deals out there that suite my usage.

Don't listen to their blurb just vote with your feet if your not getting the service your paying for.
N/A

it's quite likely the ones who leave will again be the top 10% of downloaders who are conscious and forever measuring how fast/slow the traffic is... So the likelihood is that a relatively small portion of users would even be thinking of leaving.

It's not true, I am on PAYG with 4GB pre-paid, after this i'm paying for bandwidth.

Including the useage at night time, per month I'm using somthing between 3-5GB. I do use P2P but not in a heavy way.

I think resticting P2P to a PAYG user is total madness. If anything you would think they want me to go over my pre-paid amount so they can charge more money from me.
N/A

I mean for one only a handful ( thats less than 1% ) of the customer base visit this forum and actively take part.

Where do you get that figure from? Plusnet claim there are currently 76,966 registered users of the forum. That's what it says on the opening page.
N/A

I got my MAC on 12th November, biy only used it last Thursday. I was hoping against all odds that there'd be signs of improvement, but in fact the opposite was true.
Over this weekend I have noticed that I can download my email much faster than ever before, but as it takes time to read email, I don't consider it that time-sensitive.
I have also noticed very slow speeds on http file downloads, which were until this weekend the only ones that had a reasonable speed.
I'm on the Premier package which says that I have line speeds at all times providing I've not entered management.
I have never been managed and my average bandwidth usage over the last 2 months is under 7 GB a month.
Therefore it should be possible for me to download a large file, even using p2p, in less than a couple of weeks!
It is now becoming difficult to even download MS security updates.

I also have a fear of BT. They were my last ISP and I left because they became so bad. I will not get tied into BT-Yahoo again.
N/A

I've got my mac (got it straight away no hassle) and I'm off approx 8th Dec.
Been with Plus net for 3 years and originally signed up as it was seen as a 'techies' ISP as opposed to a mass market, second rate, ring India, can't cope, type of ISP Cheesy
After changing from years of dialup use, I was more than happy with Plus. It's only in the last few months I've realised how poor it's got, and freinds have laughed at my download and upload speeds when casually discussing the subject with them.
Add to that the contempt for customers when we've asked about FUP's, clean time, managed, unmanaged, elacoyahs and down right throttling, and it turns into an expensive unsavoury option.
I held out as long as possible but have decided to take the leap.
The thing with going for the mass market option is that sooner or later, another company will come along and undercut you. The average consumer won't care about the intricate details and they'll jump ship to the cheaper option (look at BT lines and people going to Talk Talk or NTL).
The type of customer that i think are leaving PN now where the die hards, the long termers.

I wish you all the best folks. So long.

P.S. notice how I didnt tell you where Im going......
I learnt my lesson.....no more refferals for my new ISP
Wink
N/A

It's only in the last few months I've realised how poor it's got, and freinds have laughed at my download and upload speeds when casually discussing the subject with them.

I had a friend round today who is with Talk Talk, they were trying to view some alterations to their website on a different PC than their own.

They laughed and commented, "I am not impressed by your connection". They couldn't even stream a bit of low-fi audio from their MySpace... Shockedops:
N/A

I mean for one only a handful ( thats less than 1% ) of the customer base visit this forum and actively take part.

Where do you get that figure from? Plusnet claim there are currently 76,966 registered users of the forum. That's what it says on the opening page.

Ahh now here is the thing. All a person has to do is visit the forum homepage and bang they are registered.

This doesnt mean they still do look or take part. All it really means is that they have at one point or another in their lifetime with Plusnet at least loaded the forum homepage.

If you take a look around at the number of different usernames youll notice there are a very small amount. Then add those from F9, Free online and also metronet. I would think you still get less than 1000 people. Now taking a rough guess at the customer base, but if its 200000 users then a total of 1000 users is still only 0.5% .

So there we have my reasoning. Smiley
N/A

With respect, I think that's one huge baseless assumption that effectively more 75,000 people have visited the forums and never read them.

Using your figures begs the question why run forums for just 1% of the customer base?

:roll: