cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much is it worth??

N/A

How much is it worth??

Just wondering if you would give me your opinion on how much i can expect to get for my laptop that I need to sell over xmas.

it is a Sony GR214MP jobbie, 1.0ghz with 20gig hdd, 14" screen, 512 mb, CDRW/DVD-R, 3USB, Memory Stick, Jog dial and a load of software and external floppy drive (sony)

Usual host of manuals, case, leads etc...

Cheers - Chris
P.S. It will give an even better incentive for the bird to let me spend on a new comp just after xmas ;-)
7 REPLIES
Brickinit
Grafter

RE: How much is it worth??

> Just wondering if you would give me your opinion on how much i can expect to get for my laptop that I need to sell over xmas.
>
> it is a Sony GR214MP jobbie, 1.0ghz with 20gig hdd, 14" screen, 512 mb, CDRW/DVD-R, 3USB, Memory Stick, Jog dial and a load of software and external floppy drive (sony)
>
> Usual host of manuals, case, leads etc...
>
> Cheers - Chris
> P.S. It will give an even better incentive for the bird to let me spend on a new comp just after xmas ;-)

hi chris
it's not worth more than £50 but to help you out i could maybe run to 55 quid. :naughty:

ps. why does your turkey need an incentive?:confused:
espresso_mick
Grafter

£700
N/A

WhatHuhHuh??

£700.......... you can get a brand new one for that!!
espresso_mick
Grafter

>
> WhatHuhHuh??
>
> £700.......... you can get a brand new one for that!!
>

These are now discontinued.

When they first came out they were around £1,700.00.
N/A

When I bought it just after xmas last year it was £1599 and I bought a laptop case and the external usb floppy with it. The original floppy was broken after I sat on it which is not good I know - but sony were more than willing to replace it as it was aparrently "worn-out". Best deal I ever saw so the new one is sat here doing sod all and hasnt even been used.

so all in i hope it will be worth a little more than £50...

N/A

Well I'd say about £500, but why not have a look about on ebay, or maybe even put it up for auction? give yourself a reserve price obviously, so you can get more than £55!

chino
Grafter

I would say about £300ish up to £375 (max) as when you break into the £400 area you can get new one's for just a bit more

So if you were selling it i would sell it for anything over £300 but aim to get around £350 via e-bay...

Just remember with computer equ it's not worth selling things nearly new as things drop in price so much within weeks ....

Your best thing is just to keep it or if you need the money try and sell it to a friends who does not know about computers (not very nice but you will get the best price).

I buy second hand laptops all the time and i usally do not pay more than £350 and you can get a 1.7 ghz for that (however my m8 works in a lap top company so i ask no questions get told no lie's lol)

cUnDaLl
--
1.7 GHz AMD XP, 768MB DDR PC2100 Crucial, 120 GB HD IBM Deskstar

Why do we do it because we can...... Smiley