cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does hardware take to arrive?

thehat
Grafter

I've signed up for ADSL, and I just go the notification that it's active, but I haven't received the hardware yet (I selected the 4-port router option). How long does this normally take to arrive?
7 REPLIES
N/A

It is meant to arrive in time for your activation. However, you can check the details under the ADSL tracker - which should also give you the details to check with the delivery companies website.
thehat
Grafter

When I looked earlier, I think it said the hardware order was being queued for delivery, or something like that (Can't remember the exact message). Now it says the order is being processed, so I guess something is happening, but it doesn't seem to have been shipped yet :-(
thehat
Grafter

I looked in the Contact Us section and there is a ticket saying that the hardware bundle was ordered this afternoon at 15:45. Not sure why it wasn't ordered earlier, perhaps the line was activated quicker than anticipated.
N/A

Quite possibly, BT sometime activate lines early. Its also possible the line isn' actually active yet, and somethings gone wrong - I've seen this being reported with Migrations recently. Best bet is to phone up or leave a link:Contact Us ticket.
thehat
Grafter

The Modem has arrived this morning, so I'll try it out this evening.
Cheesy
thehat
Grafter

I just found a link to the Starter Pack Tracker and this is showing incorrect information. Note that I have my hardware package and I think I have got the correct items, I'm just reporting what appears to be a problem with the information displayed on the tracker page.

https://portal.free-online.net/my.html?action=starterpack_tracker

This page states that the Hardware bundle contains:
1 ADSL modem/router with single Ethernet output
However, what I ordered (and what I have received) is the 4-port modem/router.
There is also a link at the bottom of the page to: Support for the Alcatel Router. However the router I have is a Binatone.

You may wish to pass this on to whoever is responsible for the tracker page on the portal.

Phil.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Thanks Phil, I've raised this as an internal problem so that the developers can look into it and get the page correct.