cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transfer domain names between accounts?

N/A

First time i've used this... knowing my luck I'll break it Tongue
How do I go about transferring a domain name from a plus.net.uk (business) account, to my force9.net (home) account?
I need to do this, due to that account being cancelled and the ISP it's being moved to doesn't offer good hosting (No scripting, 20MB webspace Sad )
Any help would be appreciated, as I have to get this done in under 30 days.... :shock:
5 REPLIES
N/A

I assume your domain already uses the Force9 domain name servers: ns1.force9.net and ns2.force9.net (195.166.128.16 and 195.166.128.17), which are used for hosting on both PlusNet and Force9?

Assuming that is the case, if I was in your position, I'd be inclined to use Contact us and then use the New Query -> Technical Support -> Domain Names -> Transfering an existing domain name in to host on my account and then explain you want it moved from account X on PlusNet to Account Y on Force9.
N/A

Tags

Hi,
Isnt this a question of who tolds the Domain Name Tag for you? i.e. if its F9 & plusnet then its less problematic in theory as the domain name tag isnt being moved from one ISP to another??

But if its being moved from one ISP to another then doesnt this require a domain name transfer which includes moving the tag and who holds the tag?

I may be way off here but that was my understanding unless the system has changed. What's important is WHO holds the tag for you, in effect who is hosting your domain.

Ivan Cool
N/A

Re: Tags

What's important is WHO holds the tag for you, in effect who is hosting your domain.

The Tag has nothing to do with who is hosting the domain, all my domains are tagged as HOSTEUROPE, and are hosted by PlusNet and 34SP.com - the tag holder is who is responsible for billing, registration etc. The important thing that determines who hosts the domain is the NS records as they are usually set to the NameServers of the Webhosts (ns1.force9.net / ns2.force9.net in the case of PlusNet/Force9/Free-Online) although thats not always true either.
N/A

REplying

Hi,
See I stand corrected & you learn something new every day, Umm Interesting I didnt know these points. Thanks Ivan :lol:
N/A

Thanks for the info, now I can get that sorted, giving me one less thing to worry about Cheesy