cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I forward email from my F9 hosted domain name?

N/A

How do I forward email for different user names (eg email@myf9domain.co.uk)? I Basically need to set up mail accounts for 5 different people, such as user1@aol.com and user2@username.f9.co.uk.
Is this fairly straightforward? Can I set up all the accounts I need to by specifying DNS settings?
2 REPLIES
N/A

First you will need to set up mailboxes on your account. So if you had john@domainname.co.uk you would need to set up a mailbox for john@f9username. Mail for john will be delivered to your isp account and it's mailbox name. Nexj you would have to set up a re- direct so that the mail delivered to john@f9username is forwarded onto john@aol.com.

It can all be done in the Email settings part of the portal.

Mark
N/A

I see it as an either/or (either you have a mailbox for a particular name or you have a redirect) not a both/and (both a mailbox and a redirect). So, if you want mail sent to name1@mydomain.co.uk to go to name2@aol.com, you need a redirect for name1 pointing to name2@aol.com. On the other hand, if you want to pick up the mail for name1@mydomain.co.uk from Force9 and you want it differentiated from your other mail, you need a mailbox for name1.

Nothing to do with DNS -- it's all set up from Email settings and then using the Configure Mailboxes tool.