cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How about some financial compensation F9?

N/A

How about some financial compensation F9?

I have read many of the forum postings in the last few days - and it does seem to me that all F9 ADSL customers have suffered just as I have with my own ADSL F9 accounts. The last few weeks have been absolute hell for my company on these connections.

On the good side - we seem to have operated for the last 24 hours without incident and F9 have emailed me to say "The upgrade work has now been finished and you should see an improvement in your connections."

However - it has been hellish and truthfully the service has not been "fit for the purpose" - so how about some sensible compensation F9?? I guess that giving all ADSL customers a free month would give a cash flow crisis - but how about giving say 25% off for the next 4 months so it doesnt hit the cash so hardHuh This might also focus your planning dept so that we are less inconvenienced in the future?

Come on F9 - lets have some offers on the table?

Regards

Peter Blundell
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: How about some financial compensation F9?

OMGA (oh my giddy aunt)
in reply to the above...
On the good side - we seem to have operated for the last 24 hours without incident and F9 have emailed me to say "The upgrade work has now been finished and you should see an improvement in your connections."

well at least you got an email.
my connection is worse than ever it drops every couple of minutes and is slower than when i was on 56k tbh.
as for compensation i asked this and was told that basically F9 do not compensate which to me means they are quite happy to take your money and mess you about but at the end of the day forget any refunds for loss of service even when they have admited it was their fault.
sad that
N/A

Great, two people who actually agree with me that F9 is crap. Their hardware must be 3rd World standard as it is always being repaired in 'emergency maintenance'. I am trying (in vain so far) to get the direct phone number of someone in charge so I can talk about a refund. I suggest that you go to someone who has decent hardware and can support their user base. I am going to move to Claranet once my contract runs out. I suggest you do the same.
N/A

I dont actually think that F9 is crap! I like the concepts and facilities and (when theres not a 20 minute wait) the support is sensible.

I hope that we are now going to get a better service - but it seems that we have been let down in the last few weeks and some compensation would seem to be justifiable.

PB

> Great, two people who actually agree with me that F9 is crap. Their hardware must be 3rd World standard as it is always being repaired in 'emergency maintenance'. I am trying (in vain so far) to get the direct phone number of someone in charge so I can talk about a refund. I suggest that you go to someone who has decent hardware and can support their user base. I am going to move to Claranet once my contract runs out. I suggest you do the same.

N/A

RE: How about some financial compensation F9?REPLY

> I have read many of the forum postings in the last few days - and it does seem to me that all F9 ADSL customers have suffered just as I have with my own ADSL F9 accounts. The last few weeks have been absolute hell for my company on these connections.
>
> On the good side - we seem to have operated for the last 24 hours without incident and F9 have emailed me to say "The upgrade work has now been finished and you should see an improvement in your connections."
>
> However - it has been hellish and truthfully the service has not been "fit for the purpose" - so how about some sensible compensation F9?? I guess that giving all ADSL customers a free month would give a cash flow crisis - but how about giving say 25% off for the next 4 months so it doesnt hit the cash so hardHuh This might also focus your planning dept so that we are less inconvenienced in the future?
>
> Come on F9 - lets have some offers on the table?
>
> Regards
>
> Peter Blundell
>

Hi Peter,
I have to say I am very much in agreement with your sentiments and that some form of financial gesture would be appropraite and I think this would also restore some of the faith,trust & confidence that users place in F9. It could only be a positive move on the part of F9, so YES! I add my voice to that call.

IR

--
N/A

> as for compensation i asked this and was told >that basically F9 do not compensate which to me >means they are quite happy to take your money and >mess you about but at the end of the day forget >any refunds for loss of service even when they >have admited it was their fault.
> sad that
>

Having only recently signed up and been part of the "wrong splitters" debacle, and the fact that I'm still getting upload time higher than download time (which is chronicly slow) I asked for something similar in a conversation with Tech Support. I too was bluntly told that "Force 9 don't do compensations. Do you know how may ISPs have gone to the wall in the last 5 years? That's because they did compesations for poor service"

Sorry state of affairs.