cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosting several websites in the free webspace provided

N/A

Is it possible to host three separate websites with different URL's in the webspace provided by F9 ?

I have tried redirecting one of my domain names to a folder within 'htdocs' but it appears not to work.

(The domain names are supplied by companies other than F9 and I can re-direct one of them easily to my free webspace. The other two, won't redirect to subdirectories within 'htdocs')
3 REPLIES
N/A

Yes, you can host multiple domains on your webspace (except if you are using a 'free' and I think a 'Lite Connect' account). Home/Residential accounts typically can host 3 domains and Business accounts 5 domains without further charge - someone leap in if they know better!

As a start, look at the various Uploading web page threads in this forum, this one may be a good start.

The main thing to remember, is that changes you make on the portal to the domain hosting settings may taken an hour to take effect.

If the domain names are held with a different Domain Name Registrar (ISP) then you'll need to use the transfer option to transfer in the domain to F9. You need to start this process from the ISP.

Regards

Neil
N/A

The main thing to remember, is that changes you make on the portal to the domain hosting settings may taken an hour to take effect.

It can be a lot longer than one hour for you to see the changes from F9 and up to 48 hrs for them to propogate over the whole internet.
N/A

Hosting several websites

You should refer to the tutorials FAQ's forum where this is discussed in detail.