cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help using MySql in a Java applet...

N/A

Help using MySql in a Java applet...

Hi all,

I have a Java game (an applet) there I would like to add a scoreboard. I would like to use MySql to store the data (as Java cannot write a file to the cgi or homepages server!).

I have been able to get a Java application to connect to the MySql database test (the one is setup for you when MySql is activated by F9) and read from it successfully.

When I convert it to an applet, I get a java.security.AccessControlException along with the message "Cannot connect to MySQL server on humbug.force9.net:3306. Is there a MySQL server running on the machine/port you are trying to connect to?".

I was expecting some sort of security problem using an applet but I'm not sure how to fix it. I know you can set permissions for your database using "grant all..." in mysql but we don't seem to have permission to do this!

As I have said, the Java code works fine as an application but when changed to an applet it doesn't! Does anyone have any ideas?

If all else fails I guess I can cook someway up of sending the data to a php file on the cgi server so that is updates the MySql DB!?

Thanks,

Ian Collington