cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help setting up forums

N/A

Help setting up forums

Hi
I am trying to setup a CGI script called Ikonboard forum and it has asked me for some parameters, which are required to make it work.

To quote the script

"Where about are the images installed?
This would be a 'path', not a URL. It must not start with 'http://'.
This location would contain all the images that came with Ikonboard.

The thing is, that if the script is asking for a path like this one, it must need to have access and permission, to access the path it requires.

The script is on the cgi server and the htdoc is on the web server

I phoned f9 support and they said that there is no mapped drives between the two servers.
The cgi script is on a different server from the path it needs to access, that path specified below. What can i do.

The path I was given when I asked for the absolute path to my /htdocs/ directory was
/share/isp/force9/www/uu/username/htdocs/
Would a script running on the cgi server have access to this directory, if not how could it get access.

If all else fails are there any implication of storing the html files associated with Ikonboard on a CGI server.
1 REPLY
audioc
Dabbler

RE: Help setting up forums

This is something that I had a problem with- luckily I obtained somebody in customer help that knew a thing or two....
The images, etc., need to be outside of your cgi bin, but on your cgi server, not homepages.
using ftp, log in to crofters, and you will see a directory called cgi bin.
creat another directory (for example, ikonboard) place all your images in there. Look at the path for the ikonboard script in your cgi bin, but omitt the path to the cgi bin for the one you have just set up (ONLY for your images, html, etc., not the scripts themselves.)
I've managed to get a version of ultraboard set up that will allow visitors to post pictures for the classifieds section of the site, and thankfully it works, but needs lots more testing, and other options evaluating first. Hope this helps. (I'm no expert!)

Andy

> Hi
> I am trying to setup a CGI script called Ikonboard forum and it has asked me for some parameters, which are required to make it work.
>
> To quote the script
>
> "Where about are the images installed?
> This would be a 'path', not a URL. It must not start with 'http://'.
> This location would contain all the images that came with Ikonboard.
>
> The thing is, that if the script is asking for a path like this one, it must need to have access and permission, to access the path it requires.
>
> The script is on the cgi server and the htdoc is on the web server
>
> I phoned f9 support and they said that there is no mapped drives between the two servers.
> The cgi script is on a different server from the path it needs to access, that path specified below. What can i do.
>
> The path I was given when I asked for the absolute path to my /htdocs/ directory was
> /share/isp/force9/www/uu/username/htdocs/
> Would a script running on the cgi server have access to this directory, if not how could it get access.
>
> If all else fails are there any implication of storing the html files associated with Ikonboard on a CGI server.
>