cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed About Faxing

N/A

Help Needed About Faxing

I downloaded Symantec's Winfax Pro today but I can't figure out how to set it up-it couldn't find the modem ,presumably because it's not a dialup and it wasn't on the list of modems .
Has anyone used any fax facilities from their pc using Broadband -can you help.
Stuart
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Help Needed About Faxing

I've never specifically tried to do this but I'm certain it won't work.

WinFax Pro uses the modem in exactly the same way as a fax machine (a fax machine basically has a 14k modem inside it). There are some web -> fax services around but they fill your fax with adverts. Can't think if an URL at this point!

> I downloaded Symantec's Winfax Pro today but I can't figure out how to set it up-it couldn't find the modem ,presumably because it's not a dialup and it wasn't on the list of modems .
> Has anyone used any fax facilities from their pc using Broadband -can you help.
> Stuart
>

--
Come on Boro!
http://www.waynessa.co.uk/boro.htm
N/A

RE: Help Needed About Faxing

> I've never specifically tried to do this but I'm certain it won't work.
>
> WinFax Pro uses the modem in exactly the same way as a fax machine (a fax machine basically has a 14k modem inside it). There are some web -> fax services around but they fill your fax with adverts. Can't think if an URL at this point!
>
>
>
I just decided to use Win Fax Pro and re-installed my dialup modem and it appears to work ok
Stuart