cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heavy Handed Abuse

N/A

Heavy Handed Abuse

To everyone, I have received an e-mail from chillypenguin, stating that as I have voiced my views, I am on a formal warning, and should I say anything else, I will be banned from the forum, I am 56 years of age and disabled, and a long term member of Plusnet, and yet I cannot express my views. Someone out there help me ? Julia
6 REPLIES
N/A

Heavy Handed Abuse

All users of this forum have to abide by the rules - without which this forum would not be able to provide the support that it does to its users.

Chillypenguin (as with all the moderators) has a difficult job to do in enforcing these rules in a fair & just way. In my opinion they all do a very good job - looking back at your recent posts they do not appear to be particularly constructive or helpful and I can see why a warning has been given.

You might like to have a look at the rules (again) to see why such a warning has been given. If you still have reason to question the action of a moderator you should contact Ian Wild, James Bailey, Luke Horwath, Dave Tomlinson, Bob Pullen, Mand Beckett or Liam Martin by private message or email.
gswindale
Grafter

Heavy Handed Abuse

Obviously nobody here wants to see anybody banned if at all possible, so I would suggest that you speak with Chillypenguin via a PM to find out the exact reasons behind your warning rather than posting a complaint in a public forum.
Community Veteran

Heavy Handed Abuse

As with any problem / diagreement it's always better to go straight to the source and contact the person with whom you have an issue, rather than posting here.

As has been pointed out you should take a look at the forum rules and consider the way you post. If you read the forum rules and can abide by them you'll never hear from the modertors.

Chris
N/A

Heavy Handed Abuse

An example of the behaviour chillypenguin may have been trying to politely warn you about is cross-posting.

The above post about chilly's action has been made on two seperate boards (see here for the other posting) and this is against forum rules.

These state-
Cross Posting
We do not allow 'cross posting' where a user posts the same text in more than one forum. This wastes resources as forum users have to read posts twice. It also causes confusion to the original poster as they may well find that replies are disjointed over 2 or more threads.

Whilst I sympathise with your reaction to what might seem a personal attack on yourself, every user of these forums must agree to abide by the rules set by the community in order to maintain the boards as safe, productive sources of community support.

Cross-posting for example divides responses to a topic, confuses readers and wastes the time of those who have to read the same post twice.

Try to learn from any advice given and move on, there are several extremely active members of the forum community who have received warnings at one time or another.

If you still feel aggreived by chilly's action, ask (politely) another mod to review it as per my post in your other thread.
N/A

Heavy Handed Abuse

As with any problem / diagreement it's always better to go straight to the source and contact the person with whom you have an issue, rather than posting here.

As i found out, that is virtually impossible.
I tried several times via different methods to contact the Mod who banned me , and he absolutely refused to contact me. I was quite frankly furious that he could dish out such a ridiculous length ban(a month ban rather than the 48Hrs normally applied for a first offence)yet not have the decency to even communicate with me about the issue.
I hope for the OP's sake that things have changed around here.
N/A

Heavy Handed Abuse

If anybody feels unfairly treated by anybody on these boards, be it by a Mod, a PN staffer or another user I can assure everyone that it will be taken seriously.

As Chris says, its always worth trying to sort out the problem with the other party if possible. If its not possible to sort the issue, any of the moderating team should be able to help out, as well as any PN staff you see around in the forums.

These boards are here for the benefit of the community, and upsetting people doesn't help any of us get the best out of the experience.

We're all human, and its very easy to make mistakes at times. What is harder though is putting them right - but we always aim to do what is best for the community.

Its a hard balance, and a thankless [unpaid!] job at times - all we can do is try our best.