cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone got any MySQL stuff working?

N/A

Has anyone got any MySQL stuff working?

Beyond the sample.php script included with your password etc, has anybody got any non-F9 (i.e., from hotscripts.com or somewhere) MySQL/PHP stuff to work?

Again I'm trying to install www.ibforums.com but it won't let me past the install page, displaying this error:

mySQL Error: Access denied for user: 'sheamus@' to database 'sheamus_f9'

Even though I know I am entering the correct data. The sample.php script that comes with your MySQL password works fine.

It's driving me nuts!!! Sad
4 REPLIES
audioc
Dabbler

RE: Has anyone got any MySQL stuff working?

I didn't try the sample script......
I'm using Ultraboard (tried 3 different versions, all worked) and I've also tried Ikonboard- all seem to work ok- looked into mysql part of the prtal tonight, and it gave me a load of tables... so that tells me it's working, but if memory serves, the last time I tried to install something it threw a wobbler with the mysql bit- I don't think I entered the variables correctl. Going to have a play this w/e with YABB and PHPBB, but may end up using one of the different versions of UB.... I'm no expert by ANY means (In fact I was using your site tonight to remind me how to change my password using telnet- and that took about 20 attempts!
Hope this helps......
the scripts, btw:- www.audioc.force9.co.uk

Andy

> Beyond the sample.php script included with your password etc, has anybody got any non-F9 (i.e., from hotscripts.com or somewhere) MySQL/PHP stuff to work?
>
> Again I'm trying to install www.ibforums.com but it won't let me past the install page, displaying this error:
>
> mySQL Error: Access denied for user: 'sheamus@' to database 'sheamus_f9'
>
> Even though I know I am entering the correct data. The sample.php script that comes with your MySQL password works fine.
>
> It's driving me nuts!!! Sad

N/A

I have just installed a YABBse forum using php and mqsql and everything worked ok.
N/A

You will need all 4 pieaces on info given to you by F9.
N/A

I've not used PHP but I have managed to get MS Access to talk to the MySQL database using MyODBC without any problems.

> Beyond the sample.php script included with your password etc, has anybody got any non-F9 (i.e., from hotscripts.com or somewhere) MySQL/PHP stuff to work?
>
> Again I'm trying to install www.ibforums.com but it won't let me past the install page, displaying this error:
>
> mySQL Error: Access denied for user: 'sheamus@' to database 'sheamus_f9'
>
> Even though I know I am entering the correct data. The sample.php script that comes with your MySQL password works fine.
>
> It's driving me nuts!!! Sad