cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has SENDMAIL changed or moved?

N/A

On the old platform I was using /usr/sbin/sendmail to get mails sent from CGI. Doesn't seem to work on the new platform - any ideas?
43 REPLIES
N/A

Certainly on the shell server, it seems to be /usr/sbin/sendmail - but my mail() in PHP isn't working either it seems.
N/A

my mail() is working ok...
N/A

This morning it seems to have started working. Cheesy
N/A

I'm still not getting mine
N/A

you are probably doing this already but did they change it to not allow mails to be sent using invalid email addresses in the sender field?
N/A

My mail's not working either! Sad

Just moved to the new ccgi site, keeping all existing PHP the same(except for one parameter in the Weblog admin screen).... could this be the problem? Permissions are 750 for all PHP files.
N/A

sendmail

Has anyone had any success yet? I can't get sendmail to work on the new platform either. Mike
N/A

Possible workaround which seems to work is add "-f from@address" (where from@address is the actual from address) on to the end of the sendmail command, or as a 5th parameter in PHP.
N/A

and where do you change this for phpBB2

I ain't used phpBB before and new to this soo any help appreiciated
N/A

I would wait a couple of days until Force9 look into it - and if they don't resolve it so it works, I'll prepare a quick help guide about it once I look to see what needs to be changed.
N/A

if i try using smtp mail i get the following message

Could not connect to smtp host : 110 : Connection timed out

DEBUG MODE

Line : 111
File : smtp.php

have i done something wrong - i've set server as relay.force9.net - is this correct
pops1000uk
Grafter

my phpBB forum isnt sending mail eitherHuh?Huh
N/A

any news when this is going to get fixed....

looks like i'm going to have to move my forum, etc to another host provider

if they can't sort out these issues.

I also can't work out why we have to save into the ccgi space, when we should be able to save in our webspace (www.account.force9.co.uk)

regards
mike
N/A

The engineer is looking at them over this week... thats all I know, unfortunately.