cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harddisk recorders

Community Veteran

Harddisk recorders

Im thinking of getting one (for the TV). I ideally want one with built in freeview and will also allow input from my sky box to record from sky.

The main idea is I want to be able to watch something on Skyone and record BBC3 or vice versa. I realise I cant record 2 sky channels at the same time, and I also realise sky+ would be better, but Im not paying £10 per month. Im also not going to build / use a PC to do this.

So my question is, does anyone have a hdd recorder at the moment (not sky+) and any recommendations on a box that will allow the above?
6 REPLIES
Midville
Grafter

Harddisk recorders

Not exactly what you wanted; but things are improving somewhat. I am unsure if this will take a feed directly from Sky. Bit pricey still........Hope it helps.....

http://www.multimediasystems.co.uk/acatalog/AERIAL_FREEVIEW_PVR_RECEIVER_RECORDERS.html
N/A

Harddisk recorders

If your current sky package exceeds 19.50 a month you do not pay the £10 a month.

I just got Sky+ & it's brilliant, won't go back now.
Community Veteran

Harddisk recorders

Check out the forums @ http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/

I would avoid the Pace Twin Recorders, I have heard that Argos has been forced to take them back from customers due to on going problems!

I have looked at the Humax PVR-8000T/80 which Currys are selling on-line at £170.
But I am still sitting on the fence.

Chilly
Community Veteran

Harddisk recorders

Yes the Humax one is good but it doesnt allow recording from anything but the built in freeview reciever.
Community Veteran

Harddisk recorders

I am put off by the fact that it does not support top-up-tv.
I think I will by staying on the fence a little longer.

Chilly
Community Veteran

Harddisk recorders

Yes it would be good if it did, while I dont intend to get topup tv cos I personally think the channels they have are poor, I'd like to have the option in the future.

I hate the 19.50 I pay to Sky each month, but to get SkyOne and Nick Jnr (it's for the kids!) I dont have any choice.