cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Laserjet 6MP problems

N/A

HP Laserjet 6MP problems

OK, seeing as I can't look anywhere else right now for help maybe someone here can give me a hand? I have just taken delivery of a second hand laserjet 6mp but can't get it to work. The printer just doesn't want to feed the paper through and gives a jam error whenever I try a test print (whether through windows or the printer's own test page). I have tried 3 different kinds of paper of varying quality and this doesn't make a diference. Any ideas?
4 REPLIES
tssk
Grafter

RE: HP Laserjet 6MP problems

Sounds like you're printer head is either damaged, the printer isn't aligned correctly, or there is still a piece of paper or whatever, stuck iside somewhere.
I take it you've tried a new cartridge, because if the old one hasn't been used for some time, it dries up, and can give this sort of error message, I know, because that's what I got earlier this year when I bought a HP Officejet G95.
I might be wrong on all counts, but, worth a look?

--
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning..." Catherine Aird
fallingwaters
Grafter

I have heard that there is a general paper feed problem with HP 6 printers, mine will only feed OK with a single sheet in the hopper. I believe that a modification is available to fix the problem, but would probably cost more than the printer is worth

Cheers, Bill

> Sounds like you're printer head is either damaged, the printer isn't aligned correctly, or there is still a piece of paper or whatever, stuck iside somewhere.
> I take it you've tried a new cartridge, because if the old one hasn't been used for some time, it dries up, and can give this sort of error message, I know, because that's what I got earlier this year when I bought a HP Officejet G95.
> I might be wrong on all counts, but, worth a look?
>
>
>
> --
> "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning..." Catherine Aird

N/A

I don't actually have a spare toner cart as yet as I was assured the printer was being shipped with a good amount of toner in it. Would lack of toner lead to a feeding problem?

I would hope that the printer doesn't need modification. I believe it was successfully used prior to shipping so I suppose it may have been damaged in transit.

Alignment wise, how would I check this. Thanks for the help BTW because it's really hard to get support when you have no internet access.

N/A

So.... you guys are into HP? I love HP, i think my fave is HP Chili, what do you guys prefer?

>
> I don't actually have a spare toner cart as yet as I was assured the printer was being shipped with a good amount of toner in it. Would lack of toner lead to a feeding problem?
>
> I would hope that the printer doesn't need modification. I believe it was successfully used prior to shipping so I suppose it may have been damaged in transit.
>
> Alignment wise, how would I check this. Thanks for the help BTW because it's really hard to get support when you have no internet access.
>
>

--