cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grid.org 2

zpeterk
Grafter

Grid.org 2

Well done guys, we have reached the 4,000,000 points.

How about some more members!!

( I thought I'd post it again as it got buried after locking)
50 REPLIES
wandelaar
Grafter

Grid.org 2

I'll second that!!

Well Done Everyone!!

Long may it continue..

Coming up to my 1st aniversary on Grid..

If the Craigster was still about, I'd demand a pint..

(Since he started this)..

Anyone know how he is doing in the land of Toblerone and 'The Sound of Music'?Huh
N/A

Grid.org 2

For posterity and for the info of any potential new members,

here is Craigs original post from Sept 2004.

I would like to ask all Plus.Net users to think about the following cause.

As one esteemed member of our great forum knows, Grid.org is a very worthwhile thing to do indeed.

It involves downloading a small piece of software (1.52Mb) and this software takes the idle time on your processor and uses it to do some calculations with the software.

I have set up a team on Grid.org called Plus.Net which is for users of plus.net, but do not restrict it to just yourself or one computer.#

Download the software and registration here: http://www.grid.org/download/gold/download.htm

You can access the team here: http://www.grid.org/services/teams/team.htm?id=8B532F39-66B9-44E3-A75F-6AE189A9EABD

I hope that users will want to help this wonderful cause by just donating their idle time.

Craig

A very worthwhile cause and any and all new members are welcome.
N/A

Grid.org 2

A very worthwhile cause and any and all new members are welcome.

Totally, sign up now,hopefully it'll lead to cures for cancer and other illness sooner.
Community Veteran

Grid.org 2

I used to be a big contributor when I used to do internal support (2 jobs ago) and got all the servers crunching away. I also used to run it on my laptop at home but it bearly runs internet explorer and winamp ok these days and is past its retirement age!

But to those of you still soildering on, well done.
N/A

Grid.org 2

I've tried to get my work to take it up, maybe run it on their servers. It's being considered......(fingers crossed)
holdtight
Grafter

Grid.org 2

I used to be a big contributor

I can see that Chris by your position in the team and the results turned in you must have had a huge amount of cpu time used up there :shock:

ive had to run on one system in screensaver mode for various reasons for the last few months but it all helps, now running flat out and about to be installed on a third system which will run 24/7 just for the sole purpose of grid might put it on a server too

But back to the point of the post well done to all concerned great stuff and a really worthwhile achievment by all Cool
holdtight
Grafter

Grid.org 2

Is anyone else having problems connecting to the grid server today before i start looking at things my end ??

Cheers
Bill.
zpeterk
Grafter

Grid.org 2

Yes I can't connect and the results aren't going in either
holdtight
Grafter

Grid.org 2

Cheers Peter ! just have to wait for them to get it sorted

Bill.
N/A

Grid.org 2

Yip. Problems again.

Is it just me or are these problems increasing in frequency?
holdtight
Grafter

Grid.org 2

They do seem to be Mark yes

maybe there servers cant cope with the volume of grid users there are now as apposed to a short time ago when there were`nt so many

although ive just noticed its back up again now
holdtight
Grafter

Grid.org 2

And here we are again asking the same old question........

anyone elses results not been going through to the servers for the past two or so days Huh

99.9% sure i know the answer already but it needs asking just in case its this end not theirs :roll:
zpeterk
Grafter

Grid.org 2

its broke again
holdtight
Grafter

Grid.org 2

Cheers mate ! im getting a sense of deja vous again