cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give us compensation or we will walk

N/A

Give us compensation or we will walk

Further to some other discussion re compensation here:

http://portal.plus.net/central.html?action=new_forums&forum_action=display_topic&topic_id=4443&displ...

I suggest that all users who have had enough after 2 days of a complete outage which is obviously caused by PlusNet's own incompetent upgrade attempt, post here to say that they are willing to walk if PlusNet do not offer 1 month's free connection as compensation.

Starting with me:

"I will change my ADSL provider and stop recommending PlusNet, which I have done regularly until now, if PlusNet does not offer 1 month's free subsciption in compensation for this fiasco"

Oliver Schonrock
username: oschonrock
7 REPLIES
tssk
Grafter

RE: Give us compensation or we will walk

Well, for a start, trying to back a company into a corner by saying you'll walk if you don't get compo, is not something that is likely to work.
Try saying that to BT for instance, and I'm sure you'll get short shrift from them.
Upgrades are necessary, if you want a premium service at a reasonable price, then you go with such a service as Plus Net.
If you want a reasonable service at a premium price, there are loads to pick from.
Plus Net is one of a very few ISPs who are genuine, in my opinion, and I have gone through a few, in my six years on the net.
A couple of days upset, to get an even better service than you currently get, is worth having a bit of patience for.
I can't get ADSL yet, but I live in hope, and I shall probably use Plus Net when I can.
Does anybody else feel the same as me on this, btw?
--
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning..." Catherine Aird
N/A

> I suggest that all users who have had enough after 2 days of a complete outage which is obviously caused by PlusNet's own incompetent upgrade attempt, post here to say that they are willing to walk if PlusNet do not offer 1 month's free connection as compensation.
>

Asking for a thirty day refund for a two day loss of service seems a bit unreasonable.
N/A

> Plus Net is one of a very few ISPs who are genuine, in my opinion, and I have gone through a few, in my six years on the net.
I totally agree...

> I can't get ADSL yet, but I live in hope, and I shall probably use Plus Net when I can.
me too...

> Does anybody else feel the same as me on this, btw?
abso-blooming-lutely!

Tim
N/A

Not 2 days. it will be 4 days tomorrow (monday 3rd Nov) then it will be 5, 6, 7 ...... you shall see. i have been here 2 years. and ive seen all this happen before.

When my contract is up in April, im off.
--
Jason
=====
N/A

Typo: correction : Monday 4th Nov not 3rd, today is 3rd. and day 3 of this rubbish.
--
Jason
=====
N/A

Are you lads using old dialup?
you should be reading the ADSL forum.

3 days of loss.. all i can do is post messages and all for £23.99 a month. Plus i have accounts with other companies to use with this account.
I still have to pay the other compnaies, and i can't get access to their services.
--
Jason
=====
N/A

I'll have to agree with Terry here. Although there is a loss of service to some people it seems, it is nothing but a drop in the ocean compared to BT's underhand tactics (although generally excellent customer support). My 56K BT connection became suddenly slower and unreliable (unable to connect errors) during the introduction of BT broadband about a year ago. Simultaneously they sent e-mails out to their 56k users urging them to go broadband (while it was still rather pricey) and warning about future problems with the 56k service.

It seemed to me that they were deliberatly pushing their 56k users out. At that point I changed to freeserve 56k, who are proving to be an excellent ISP as far as connectivity is concerned.

The reason why I chose plusnet for an ADSL ISP was firstly that they currently provide the lowest monthly charge for their service, secondly they are not BT, thirdly - their customer support seems to be pretty good and their website is both well laid out and informative.

There is of course a certain art to complaining. You must remember that its a human being who thinks he/she is working hard for a decent company and his job is secure, is rated by his customers and heard by his management - who keeps him well informed and allow him a degree of autonomy that you are posting messages to.

Therefore "give us compensation" fails to impress. Just say that to yourself and put yourself in that position - your first reaction? Well mine would be p*ss off. Not that I don't completely understand how let down you feel.

Dredging back to BT and their 56k service, they have in the past given a bonus month's connection to their customers when a similar kind of incident happened a year or so ago, and I think this was following repeatedly poor connectivity over a few months. I think it affected their whole network and not just parts of it.

Thanks plusnet for your recent updates, an excellent web-layout & customer services.