cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fuel Protest Failure

N/A

Fuel Protest Failure

It seems like the latest round of the fuel protests has fallen flat on its face, thank god!

Fuel Protest
7 REPLIES
N/A

Fuel Protest Failure

What?

I don't much care for the protests, but I hate the fact I pay 72% tax on my fuel, e.g approx £8 tax for every £10 brought.
N/A

Fuel Protest Failure

I hate the amount that we pay yeah, but I dont agree to worrying about where the next litre of fuel is coming from when I am on call, or when my wife is on shift in the hospital.

They were supposed to make provisions last time for Emergency Service people to be allowed fuel, we were, but £6 of fuel does not get very far
N/A

Fuel Protest Failure

I agree that more provision is needed to allow for the emergency services, but sadly it's only direct action which seems to have any effect.
Community Veteran

Fuel Protest Failure

Like all taxes I'd rather not pay them, but where would the money come from if it didnt come from fuel?

Its easy for us to all say "well i dont use social services" "I dont need schools" but the coutry works ok as it is.

My 2 pence anyway!
N/A

Fuel Protest Failure

I agree in that sense, we could go ALL american, or some other country, and pay for our hospital treatment ourselves etc etc, I just wish it didnt have to be so high lol
Community Veteran

Fuel Protest Failure

I know what your saying. At the end of the day I do own a car, do pay council tax, fuel tax and dont use the hospitals, but I guess you just live with it and make best. I'd rather be here than America!

Chris
N/A

Fuel Protest Failure

very true mate, very true!