Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frontpage 2003 Development

N/A

Shockedops:
Greetings one and all.
I have a site up and running (www.heathcliff9.co.uk) and now wish to develop it further to include linkbars, Feedback text area, and perhaps a selection of forms using Form wizard. I am stuck … F9 just point me at links to Microsoft and now to usergroups so here we go.
I am running Frontpage 2003, my Frontpage account is activated. I am running Xp pro and recently my buddy installed the Windows Component “IIS” which includes Frontpage 2000 Server Extensions but I feel certain they are not configured, and I think I have downloaded The FP 2002 Server Extensions to my PC but their whereabouts on my PC remains a mystery and their deployment leaves my stumped.
Let me clarify one thing first, if My Frontpage account is active – so do I indeed need the extensions activated on my PC ? I am beginning to think not.
My Learning curve has dipped somewhat recently but I want to master this issue, so I ask can anybody lead me forward from here, set me a guide, a framework to read up on and deploy, any help would be gratefully received.
2 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

If the FrontPage account is activated on our side then to develop a website with FrontPage you wouldn't need the FrontPage extensions installed on your PC, just FrontPage itself.
I'd just start off by opening FrontPage, going to File -> Open Web and open your FrontPage site http://fp.heathcliff.f9.co.uk/
N/A

Dave, thanks for the reply.
I said I was unsure as to the whereabouts of the 2002 Extensions I downloaded, well I found them in Add/Remove programs, but as yet I have not deployed them.
I have the Microsoft page which gives instruction on how to deploy the extensions,so I might give it a go. Any tips.
When you say Open Web from File Menu and point it at the http://fp.heathcliff.f9.co.uk account, well I have tried this typing the address into the remote Website Address in the Frontpage or Sharepoint Services allocated slot, but I keep getting a dialog box which I have posted in Contact Us before telling me
1 ... the web server may not have Frontpage server Extensions installed.
2 ... the Webserver may be temporarily out of service.
3 ... if you are connecting through a proxy server, the settings may be incorrect.
4 ... an error may have occured in the web server.
I have deactivated then reactivated the Frontpage account so I presume the account to be configured although if you went to my FP account page it doesn't actually say that only that the account is active, so I presume it is configured.
As far as I am aare the server is functioning OK - no issues.
I don't use a proxy server.
The Error to which the dialog refers ... well I am at a loss as to what this means.
Like I said the 2002 extensions are there in the Add/Remove progs. but unable to locate them anywhere else on pc. so maybe they need to be deployed ?My PC is brand new and I am unsure and hesitant as I don't want to muck anything up.