cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FrontPage Server Extensions - FP 2002

N/A

I have set up my web site in Front page (no criticism please) as I wanted a simple and quick solution.

When I set up the site I chose a Frontpage template. In this I have a feedback form and a search function, provided by the FP 2002 template.

So far so good. The site is uploaded (www.llewellyn-davies.co.uk) and works - except for the feedback form which gives me the following error message :

FrontPage Run-Time Component Page
You have submitted a form or followed a link to a page that requires a web server and the FrontPage Server Extensions to function properly.

This form or other FrontPage component will work correctly if you publish this web to a web server that has the FrontPage Server Extensions installed.

Click the <Back> arrow to return to the previous page.

So I need to install Front Page server extensions - but I assumed they are already installed by F9 - or did I miss something ?

Thanks FYH

Peter
Chester
7 REPLIES
N/A

FrontPage Server extensions are, as far as I am aware, only available on the fp.username.force9.co.uk server and not on the main WWW server. Details on FrontPage Extensions are available at http://portal.f9.net.uk/supportpages.html?sRWYTaQ8I48%3D
N/A

Don't you also have to activate Front Page usage for your account, if you intend using it? -- see the applet for this on the Website settings page.
N/A

I did activate it but didn't know that I could not use the FP extensions on my domain but only on the f9 site.

Have transferred the files from my domain, the automatic redirector will then ensure that the user does not see the f9 domain details.

Thanks
Peter
N/A

Don't you also have to activate Front Page usage for your account, if you intend using it? -- see the applet for this on the Website settings page.

Yep, but the instructions tell you that anyway Smiley
N/A

OK, fair enough!
N/A

I seem to be stuck and the force 9 helpline couldn't help me either.

Right here's my problem.

I have uploaded the index.htm etc from moonphase (Colin's suggestion above) to my homepages.force9.net/htdocs folder with WS_FTP. The file redirects to http://fp.username.f9.co.uk. In the instructions however it should redirect to plus.net. however I was told by force 9 staff that that is wrong...

Now I would need to upload the FP stuff to the fp.username.force9.co.uk with Frontpage. I do this and FP changes this to ftp://fp.USERNAME.f9.co.uk and gives me an error message - cannot connect. I was told by the hotline staff at Force to change this and force the use of http://fp.username.force9.co.uk and not ftp as otherwise it overwrites the moonphase stuff above.Again I cannot connect. Password etc are correct Smiley

Is there something I am doing wrong ? I have all FP extensions installed.
And please no negative comments as to my use of my html editor. I don't really want to learn how to use another program for now.

Thanks FYH
Peter
N/A

From clikcking the activate button, you may need to wait up to 4Days until it is active.