Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Money~!

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Free Money~!

OK now that I've got your attention with my thread's subject, I'm first going to put a little disclaimer

***Please note this is a personal post rather than anything on behalf of PlusNet***

Right, I was thinking on the way home today about stuff on the Internet and in particular places that will give you free stuff.

I've got a list of a few sites that I use now and again which give you stuff for doing surveys, putting banners on your website, cashback when you things online, that kind of thing.

Some of these I hope will be useful to other people, after all a few extra quid in the pocket or a couple of Amazon vouchers can always come in handy.

So, to my links.

The first is a site called Free Fivers (non referral link is here). This site gives you cash back on various online sites and you can earn a few pence from clicking links every few days.

The second is Better Than Banners (non referral link is here). This site will give sends you a £5 Amazon voucher for every month you keep their banners on your website.

Third is Valued Opinions. This site will send you various surveys to do and pay you an amount for each one and once you accumulate £5 you can cash in for different vouchers.

Hopefully some people will find these useful and if anyone has any others please feel free to share them. Don't think they'll make any rich (I've had about £200 in the last 6 months in cash and vouchers), but every little helps.

Edit: typo
Edit 2: looks like Better than Banners isn't accepting new signups at the moment Sad
8 REPLIES
N/A

Free Money~!

yougov pays you if you participate in their survays...

How it works:

As a member of the YouGov Panel you will be invited from time-to-time to participate in surveys on topics ranging from from politics to painkillers to pensions. Each time you take part in a survey, you will have your virtual YouGov account credited with cash amounts depending on the survey's length, or you may be entered into a prize draw. When you reach £50 in your account, YouGov will send you a cheque for that amount.

It's a commitment but it does add a possible extra to Dave's recommendations. Smiley
Community Veteran

Free Money~!

How much do they pay per survey though - I know it says it will vary depending on length - but their top rate could be 20p or something Smiley
N/A

Free Money~!

The most I've received from Yougov is 75p for a survey.

There are a lot that are just prize draw entries too.

Since Sept last year, I've only been asked to do 15 surveys, 5 of which were just prize draw entry.

The rest are mainly 50p each.

Because of the way that they profile people and choose who to ask based on demographic positioning etc, others may get more, or less surveys to complete than I do.

Anyhow, since Dave has added his referrer links to his post, you can use this link to YouGov to sign up to - its my referrer link, and simply means that I am paid the same as any credit you earn in the first 3 months.

Feel free to go direct to the site without using me as a referrer though => YouGov - just don't expect the cash to pour in - it could take years!
grimme
Grafter

Free Money~!

Agree with the OP that Valued Opinions (were they called Visitor Friendly before?) and YouGov offer reasonable rates on their surveys.

This group offer surveys in exchange for points that can be converted into gifts/vouchers.

http://gb.lightspeedpanel.com/

Also, for those with access to Central London, these people have occasional surveys in the W1 area that pay good old-fashioned cash!

http://www.fhios-uxd.com/

There is also www.ciao.co.uk, but they seem poor at sending a survey that will complete to the end and allow you to get a return on it.

I know of a few others, but these have mainly reward points that you need acquire a lot of to convert into anything of value, so have not included them here.

HTH
N/A

Free Money~!

Has anyone tried Amazon's Mechanical Turk?

I spent about 20 mins on there doing something strange and wondering why I was bothering before giving it up as nonsense! But then I do have a very low boredom threshold.
dennisb66
Grafter

Free Money~!

I have received up to £1.50 for a YouGov survey,so far i have received two £50.00 checks,each took approx. one year to reach £50.
My best survey was £60 for one survey ,I had to ring and get quotes from 4 Pet insurance companies(at their expense)then complete a customer survey for each one.this was with It's Your View.
My Voice used to be good untill they changed hands,since then they don't send many surveys.
I agree with HTH, CIAO are a pain in the neck,you can spend 5-10min on a survey then tell you that your not acceptable for some reason.I often think that by then i have completed the survey. Cry
Liam
Grafter

Free Money~!

This is interesting...

http://www.quidco.com

Someone at work showed this to me this morning, quite good it looks.
N/A

Free Money~!

This is interesting...

http://www.quidco.com

Someone at work showed this to me this morning, quite good it looks.

I've been using Quidco for the last 12 months or so and I find it really good, I was a little sceptical at first but there are actually quite a lot of mainstream stores giving discounts through it. It's probably saved me about £100 in the last 6 months on things I was buying anyway - for example, I got £17 cashback from Boots when I got my Xbox 360. I have it set up to automatically pay into my bank when I have £20 collected up.

The other one I check is http://www.hotukdeals.com/main.html which is pretty good for finding vouchers to use online.