cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Domain Names

N/A

Free Domain Names

I have joinde plus.net and registered the two free .co.uk domain names (apart from the one that is my account web address www.insure.plus.com).

I now want to know AS I CAN NOT FIND ANY INFO - are the two domain names i registerd ACTUALLY SUBDOMAINS of the (insure.plus.com) name or if they are totally seperate WHERE DO I FTP web pages to for the two domain names - or do they masked and redirected to www.insure.plus.com.

Yours totally confused

any help appreciated
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Free Domain Names

> I have joinde plus.net and registered the two free .co.uk domain names (apart from the one that is my account web address www.insure.plus.com).
>
> I now want to know AS I CAN NOT FIND ANY INFO - are the two domain names i registerd ACTUALLY SUBDOMAINS of the (insure.plus.com) name or if they are totally seperate WHERE DO I FTP web pages to for the two domain names - or do they masked and redirected to www.insure.plus.com.
>
> Yours totally confused
>
> any help appreciated

Hi,

The domains are not subdomains, they are domains in their own right i.e whatever.co.uk

By default the domains will automatically point to your existing webspace so you still need to upload your files to ftp.plus.net however you can then create sub-folders in your webspace and point the domains to a folder if you want to keep the websites seperate.

Regards,
Robert

| Robert Kelly........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------

N/A

> > I have joinde plus.net and registered the two free .co.uk domain names (apart from the one that is my account web address www.insure.plus.com).
> >
> > I now want to know AS I CAN NOT FIND ANY INFO - are the two domain names i registerd ACTUALLY SUBDOMAINS of the (insure.plus.com) name or if they are totally seperate WHERE DO I FTP web pages to for the two domain names - or do they masked and redirected to www.insure.plus.com.
> >
> > Yours totally confused
> >
> > any help appreciated
>
> Hi,
>
> The domains are not subdomains, they are domains in their own right i.e whatever.co.uk
>
> By default the domains will automatically point to your existing webspace so you still need to upload your files to ftp.plus.net however you can then create sub-folders in your webspace and point the domains to a folder if you want to keep the websites seperate.
>
> Regards,
> Robert
>
> | Robert Kelly........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------
>
>
>
THANKS

I have created a sub-folder unioncarhire and uploaded a file named index.html configured my domain www.unioncarhire to point to /htdocs/unioncarhire/index.html - HOWEVER when I enter www.unioncarhire in my web browser address bar ir displaye the plus.net default index page?

what me not doin rite?
>

--
David Miller Insurance Brokers
Independent Advice is best
www.davidjmiller.co.uk
www.insure.plus.com
www.transitandgeneralinsuranceservices.co.uk
www.unioncarhire.co.uk
N/A

> THANKS
>
> I have created a sub-folder unioncarhire and uploaded a file named index.html configured my domain www.unioncarhire to point to /htdocs/unioncarhire/index.html - HOWEVER when I enter www.unioncarhire in my web browser address bar ir displaye the plus.net default index page?
>
> what me not doin rite?
>

I had setup my site in the same way as yourself.

There is nothing wrong with what you have done, you just need to be a little more patient. PlusNet don't update your domain changes instantly (ie pointing a site to a specific folder), try viewing your site again tomorrow and you should be pleasantly surprised.

Hope that helps.

Dave W.
N/A

> I have joinde plus.net and registered the two free .co.uk domain names (apart from the one that is my account web address www.insure.plus.com).
>

Two free .co.uk domain names? First I've heard of that! What service did you subscibe to. Is this available to connect lite users?
N/A

> > I have joinde plus.net and registered the two free .co.uk domain names (apart from the one that is my account web address www.insure.plus.com).
> >
>
> Two free .co.uk domain names? First I've heard of that! What service did you subscibe to. Is this available to connect lite users?

business accounts get 2 free domains
you get one for connect lite
http://www.plus.net/info2/residential/res_fixed_connectlite.html for more info on other extra goodies
N/A

Thats correct as per our product information...

Included .co.uk domain (for example myowndomain.co.uk) that can be used for your Web space and e-mail addresses.

To register your included domain. Click on "My Domain Names" on the left hand bar.

--
--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----