cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fourum spillin

madswitcher
Grafter

Fourum spillin

I am qyit surpized at teh amunt of bad spillin we is gettin on teh fourums nowadaze.
Duz anywun now of a pluggg-in we can uze to chek spillin befour a mesage is posted on teh bord.

Regads Mkie
40 REPLIES
N/A

Fourum spillin

Nope, sorry; but maybe telling everyone to rush out and purchase of a copy of "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" by Lynne Truss would help with punctuation. Lol
N/A

Fourum spillin

Howdy,
I use SpellBound with FireFox 1.5, its not automatic, but it adds a 'check spelling' right-click option on text boxes such as this one i'm typing in to!

Linky linky

Regards,
Andrew D Wiles
Community Veteran

Fourum spillin

And for any Mac users (I use Safari, but it might work in other browsers too), there's a plugin built-in to the OS that can check spelling in forums posts etc. Handy!

Thomas
N/A

Fourum spillin

can't get spellbound why? I'm on ie6 spk1
Community Veteran

Fourum spillin

Because you're using IE6 not firefox ;-)

Why not give firefox a spin; it's free; easy to use; and widely banded to be more secure than IE6 have a look:

www.mozilla.org
N/A

Fourum spillin

Cheers shall give it a spin, might solve some of my other problems
Community Veteran

Fourum spillin

Try http://www.iespell.com/ which is a plugin for IE
N/A

Fourum spillin

Thankyou I'll try that also, it's so friendly here
Community Veteran

Fourum spillin

We try to be ;-)
N/A

Fourum spillin

and there I was spellin badly; please remember to imagine that the space actually exists between the thank and the you lol Shockedops:
N/A

Fourum spillin

I don’t mind a little bit of poor spelling now and then, heck we all do it sometimes. What i cant stand is when people use text speak on forums :? :? Evil
N/A

Fourum spillin

I seem now to have made lol an every day word, most of my non virtual friends also use it, it seems to have already become a regular pet term for "I find it amusing". Again "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" says something on this matter.
N/A

Fourum spillin

y cnt u stnd ppl usin txt spk on da forums?

it int dat hrd 2 undstd reli, is i?

:lol: :lol:
N/A

Fourum spillin

Yea i use "lol" everyday because i play online games and use msn regularly, so i don’t mind seeing it used on forums, plus most people know what it stands for.

Its when people use text speak for whole sentences that i hate - for an example: Lo ppl i luv 2 use txt spk i tink im rly c%l, cul8r alig8r n whl crcdl :? :?