cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum's down since CGI Migration and Force9 are blaming me!!

N/A

http://cgi.dannybaker.force9.co.uk/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

My been up and down since Thursday. When it's up it's VERY slow but mostly it's been down.

Initially it displayed the following error message

Warning: main(/home/dannybaker/ubbthreads/ubbt.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /files/home/dannybaker/ubbthreads/main.inc.php on line 13
Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/dannybaker/ubbthreads/ubbt.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /files/home/dannybaker/ubbthreads/main.inc.php on line 13
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getmicrotime() in /files/home/dannybaker/ubbthreads/main.inc.php on line 16

I logged with F9 on the 8th and apart from replying to state they had added my details to internal problem 17273 I never received a reply from F9. Yet despite this the Forum rose like a Phoenix from the embers (seemingly working okay) on Saturday 10th.

All seemed okay until two users reported not being being able to access the Board on Monday. I tried and it worked okay but to be safe i again logged with F9 as an intermittent Fault.

Today (Tuesday 13th) it's been down all day and is now disaplying a different code:-
Warning: send_header(/home/dannybaker/ubbthreads/languages/english/online.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /files/home/dannybaker/ubbthreads/ubbt.inc.php on line 301

Again I logged with F9 and this time they stae:-
Dear Customer,

Your script appears to be trying to access the file online.php directly via /home/dannybaker/ubbthreads/languages/english/online.php as you will notice from the error message generated, this should be proceeded most likly with "/files" to make the full path and link of "/files/home/dannybaker/ubbthreads/languages/english/online.php"

Quite frankly this is b******s. The configuration of the Forum has remained unchanged for some time and it's surely more than coincidence that all this has coincided with their CGI Migration.

I'm "guessing" that some of the settings may have changed or if they
moved to a new improved server they may not have copied all the message
board files over.

Can anyone advise please - I'm desperate! Cry

Thanks

AndrewG
6 REPLIES
N/A

I'm no expert about your forum, but just by reading the error message, I noticed:
1) All the files moved from /home/username to /file/home/username
2) Your script seems to be referring to this /home/username.

So, since the move, your script probably hasn't been running as expected. Is there a configuration file somewhere that records the location of the home directory?? (perhaps there is an install script or something that does it?)
I'd check the documentation with your forum.

imho, the tech support might be right.
N/A

I had a quick look to see if I could find your config file, but I needed to look at your install.php to be 100% sure.
First back up ALL of your .inc.php files since you're gonna try and alter them. No guarantees this will work, so you make a backup:
mkdir backuptemp
cp *.inc.php backuptemp/

Anyhow, open up /files/home/dannybaker/ubbthreads/config.inc.php and then change all of the /home/dannybaker to /files/home/dannybaker.
Take a look in main.inc.php and theme.inc.php and see if it you need to change them too.

You can edit them on the server or you can download them using ftp and see.

Hope this helps. Cheesy
N/A

{insert usual disclaimer that if it all cocks up, then it's not my fault}
Backup all the files you change BEFORE you change them, and put them in a safe place.
If it all goes bottoms up, replace the old files, and come back here.
N/A

Many thanks for all your help eaglecentre, much appreciated.

Strangely the Board came up this Morning despite the fact I didn't do a thing.
I queried this with Force9 and have just received the reply.

"As per our service status page, we have been carrying out various upgrades across our CGI platform which had caused certain scripts to fail. Our networks team has addressed this issue and all remaining scripts should be now functioning as before the upgrades to the platform took place. Therefore no changes are necessary to you forum setup. Apologies for any inconveniance caused."

One minute they're telling me to amend my scripts and the next not to do anything :?: There seems to be no consistency in F9's Customer Support - it's totally dependent on who answers your call Sad
Scooter

I just got done prepending "/files" onto all my internal paths in config files. Perhaps a symlink would have been in order? This fixed almost all of the issues. I would have appreciated some warning that a change this drastic was being performed on the web server - a change of OS (from Redhat to BSD) and filesystem structure!

None of my ELF0 binaries will run - good job I switched to PHP a while back! Guess I'll have to install BSD on a spare box.

Still got some strange issue with Nuke and Gallery since the migration, but then hey - Gallery never did play nicely.

The new server's certainly a hell of a lot quicker I have to say, but one thing is annoying me:-

"ls -l" no longer works (or in fact any option to "ls"). It's interpreting the option as the directory/file argument. What gives?
N/A

:?: :? :?: