Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force9 speed test

kenny
Grafter

Force9 speed test

I`ve gone to the force9 web site and tried to do the speed test but its
saying 0.0

No I know this is wrong as web speed/email speed is fast but why is it saying 0.0 I`ve followed links to change settings which its does auto` but still the same saying:-

Your current speed is:

0.00kbps

:?:
5 REPLIES
N/A

Force9 speed test

Hi bigkenny,

give the speed test at www.adslguide.org a go - the F9 test never seemed to be a reliable one to me.

Hope that helps

Jarv
N/A

Testing Testing, Ivan

Hi,

YEP!! Jarv is right I agree, the F9 tester cannot always be relied upon 100% and yes! sometimes it seems to goes abit dool allie hence the 00kbps results.

**The speed tester as an alternative at ADSLguide seems to be more consistent from my own experience. Also ZDNET also have to go tester too.

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp

or

http://specials.zdnet.co.uk/misc/band-test/

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
Your Forum Your Voice,Get Involved!
kenny
Grafter

Force9 speed test

Hi bigkenny,

give the speed test at www.adslguide.org a go - the F9 test never seemed to be a reliable one to me.

yes I went to that one (plus others) so I knew my settings etc was ok, just seemed funny why the one from your own broadband supplier was going mad with daft readings.

Thanks though at least I know its nothing my end

[ Moderator's note by Ian (slevgb): fixed quote tags]
kenny
Grafter

Re: Testing Testing, Ivan

Hi,

YEP!! Jarv is right I agree, the F9 tester cannot always be relied upon 100% and yes! sometimes it seems to goes abit dool allie hence the 00kbps results.

thanks at least I know I`m not doing anything wrong, tried other testers so knew it was running OK.

Thanks

[ Moderator's note by Ian (slevgb): fixed quote tags]
N/A

Force9 speed test

One other thing to note is that for some reason my browser seems to cache part of the results. If i clear the cache then run the speed test it seems to work.

I also remember having similar problem with web browser accelarators.