cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force9 email service

N/A

Force9 email service

Hi,

How can I change my defualt email? At the moment, force9 billing emails and others go into 'postmaster@myUsername.f9.co.uk'. I want everything to go into 'john@myUsername.f9.co.uk' which I have set up so that I can check the emails in outlook express. How can I change the default?

If I can't change the default, how can i configure Outlook express to check the default email address? Should I use 'postmaster' as the username, blank, or my Username (so it would be Username@username.f9.co.uk)?

this is kinda confusing I know, sorry,

John Tran
2 REPLIES
N/A

Force9 email service

The initial position, as set up by Force 9, is as follows:

• The mail system ignores anything prior to the "@" sign and all mail goes into your so-called default mailbox.

• Any mail, addressed to postmaster@myUsername.force9.co.uk, superman@myUsername.force9.co.uk, john@myUsername.force9.co.uk, John.Tran@myUsername.force9.co.uk, etc, etc, etc will go to this mailbox.

• You access this mail by giving Outlook or Outlook Express the account name "myUsername" (the thing immediately after the "@" sign) and your normal password.

If you now create a new mailbox, say one called john, the situation changes:

• The mail system looks at incoming mail addressed to <anything>@myUsername.force9.co.uk. If <anything> matches the name of a mailbox (john in this case), the mail is directed to that mailbox. If there is no match, the mail is directed to your default mailbox.

• You access your default mailbox from Outlook, or Outlook Express in exactly the same way as before.

• You access your other mailboxes by giving Outlook or Outlook Express an account name of myUsername+mailboxName (eg forcetran+john) and providing the specific password for the mailbox.
N/A

Force9 email service

Hi Task!

Thanks for clearing that up, I now know how to access my default email address!

Your help was much appreciate!

John Tran