cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those that are leaving...

N/A

Where are you going, and what are they offering? I'm getting a bit frustrated with variable download speeds - for example, I am doing my weekly backup from my own server (on a 100Mbit co-located connection at Docklands) and yet only managing 18Kb/s via ftp. Last week I managed 600Kb/s+. Now the 600 is fine, but 18 is taking the biscuit.

Also, web has become far less reliable recently, and I'm thinking about moving on - but don't know where to.

Ta,

John

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Topic moved to a more apt forum
8 REPLIES
N/A

I'm also interested in the answer, I'm looking elsewhere.
N/A

I'm going to loads of isp's websites (ADSL guide gives a comprehensive list) and checking them out - criteria will be different for all of us but factors I'm looking for include:

Decent price - pref £30 or less but up to £23/24

Decent cap - minimum 20GB but really want 30GB or higher

Short contract - 1 month ideal - may live with 3 months (I have an ISP in mind that's a front runner but for a 3 month contract and they're not the cheapest I'm condsidering)

Decent support - times, response times etc.

As I'm going along I'm updating a spreadsheet and then I'll make a choice.

Current frontrunners include : Aceinternet and Newnet
Community Veteran

My main hassle is the unreliable mail and the dns issues which presumably mean that anything intedned for my domain be it general traffic of mail is frequently bounced.

I have just moved my domain and e-amil to 1and1 £28 for the beginers package and I have my external domains hosted and imap all for that price.

I'm looking at moving y bb connection but that will wait until the new year if the system dosn't go into meld down in the 1st of the 1st :-) Maybe the new equipments not millenium compliant, at time it dosn't appear to be funcitonaly compliant.

I too would be interested in where people are going?

A
MrToast
Grafter

I've not had speed problems.... BB-PAYG

Your experience may be a result of congestion on your local exchange (check status) and/or a lower priority product (you didn't say what you were on)

You can cherck your exchange status here
N/A

Premier - the £22 one.

Exchange appears to have some issues, tho'.
shellsong
Grafter

N/A

I've had enough now, was going to stay until new year, can't stand the unreliability and ignorance any more.
I've requested my mac code and I'm off to Zen internet.

I suggest more people do the same. I'll worry about my domain name when I get new connection up and running. Whatever it costs me it will be worth it and well overdue, should have done it months ago.
N/A

i'm going to www.bethere.co.uk 24mb download speed broadband,£24 a month.no contract.they say they will keep customers by offering a good service.the only thing you have to pay is £24 activation fee.free wireless modem if you want one.i'm just waiting for my mac key and i'm off Cheesy plusnet used to be good till 6 months ago.dunno what went wrong.they are a pain in the arse now.i cant download,cant play games.if you just want to surf they are fine,everything else sucks