Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash to Bang

NormanB
Dabbler

Flash to Bang

Hi

What is the forums experience on the time taken to request the ADSL service from Force 9 to the time they first achieve a connection.

What happens once the ASDL is enabled do you lose dial up? The reason I ask id if problems are experienced RU left with telephone support only?

Thanks

NormanB
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Flash to Bang

> Hi
> What is the forums experience on the time taken to request the ADSL service from Force 9 to the time they first achieve a connection.

I believe my elapsed time was about 9 days (something like a year ago).

> What happens once the ASDL is enabled do you lose dial up? The reason I ask id if problems are experienced RU left with telephone support only?

You can still use dial-up access, using a number on which you pay connection charges.

On occasions, I've used both ADSL and dial-up at the same time when I've wanted to check access to my ADSL set-up from "outside" (by dialling in to a non Force9 ISP and then accessing my ADSL equipment using the public IP address, causing the traffic to take the long route round).
N/A

RE: Flash to Bang

> > Hi
> > What is the forums experience on the time taken to request the ADSL service from Force 9 to the time they first achieve a connection.
>
> I believe my elapsed time was about 9 days (something like a year ago).
>
> > What happens once the ASDL is enabled do you lose dial up? The reason I ask id if problems are experienced RU left with telephone support only?
>
> You can still use dial-up access, using a number on which you pay connection charges.
>
> On occasions, I've used both ADSL and dial-up at the same time when I've wanted to check access to my ADSL set-up from "outside" (by dialling in to a non Force9 ISP and then accessing my ADSL equipment using the public IP address, causing the traffic to take the long route round).
>

Exactly 7 days, although there was a problem with submitting the order to BT so it took 2 x 7 days.