cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Price .......... Unlimited Quantity.

Metalguru
Grafter

With all the debate going on about unlimited BB, I started thinking about what else you can buy, for a fixed price, but have unlimited amounts of.

The only things I could think of :-

Water, where you are not on a water meter (fewer and fewer people now-a-days).

And some Phone Call Packages (But of course with those you are effectively limited by time).

Can anyone think of any others ?
11 REPLIES
Cloudmaster
Grafter

You never heard of all-you-can-eat restaurants? Tongue
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Technically limited to how much food they have at the restaurant. I'm still trying to hit that limit though!!! Cheesy
Community Veteran

You never heard of all-you-can-eat restaurants? Tongue

But technically that's not unlimited, I'ts limited by how much you can eat.

What about a 1 day travelcard, that allows unlimited travel on london transport for a day, weekend, month or whatever.
Alecto
Grafter

This thread is degenerating into nonsense.

Surely, everything is limited by the amount of it there is in the uiniverse, or by the number of hours left in eternity that one has in which to use or consume it.

So similarly unlimited broadband is limited by the line speed and the number of hours in the day.

And did you know that if you exercise your right to switch from a water meter to a fixed charge (water rates), they won't let you change back when your daughter leaves home and your usage plummets?

Tongue

Happened to my neighbour who now uses less water than I do but pays more as I'm on a meter and he changed to rates and can't change back.
Community Veteran

You should pipe his stuff through the meter and your stuff thoug his rates, then when the bill comes you swap bills :razz:
Metalguru
Grafter

And did you know that if you exercise your right to switch from a water meter to a fixed charge (water rates), they won't let you change back when your daughter leaves home and your usage plummets?

Tongue

Happened to my neighbour who now uses less water than I do but pays more as I'm on a meter and he changed to rates and can't change back.

Can you do that ?

I'm on a water meter (reasonably new house) and would love to go back to the old water rates system.

Who do I contact ?
Alecto
Grafter

Unless you've got a daughter who uses loads of water, it might cost you more to go onto rates.

But apparently you have the right to change over (but that's it, you can't go back).

Just get in touch with your water board (tel number on the bill), or google it if you know the name and you can probably do it on the website.
Alecto
Grafter

You should pipe his stuff through the meter and your stuff thoug his rates, then when the bill comes you swap bills :razz:

Yes, I haven't quite had the nerve to ask him if I can conect my hosepipe into his garage. Trouble is he'd probably let me. Tongue
Community Veteran

See these big companies thing cos their big there clever. They don't bargin for the consumer :razz:
N/A

Hahaha. Very funny.

You were being ironic, right?
Community Veteran

Not really it's true, they don't think about the consnumer's brainpower. For example Idle Time outs, people are going to work around them if they come in are they not?