cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fireworks

N/A

Fireworks

Hi,

Has anyone else suffered like me and my 'pooch'over the last couple of weeks! Rarely knowing when those sudden,loud fireworks will go off. The dog went crazy, the cats climbed the walls and I was a nervous wreck trying to calm them down ( often during the early hours of the morning!! ). Don't mind the displays but curse the fireworks in the hands of the general public. Any thoughts on how we can get a more peaceful life this time of year?
14 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Fireworks

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone else suffered like me and my 'pooch'over the last couple of weeks! Rarely knowing when those sudden,loud fireworks will go off. The dog went crazy, the cats climbed the walls and I was a nervous wreck trying to calm them down ( often during the early hours of the morning!! ). Don't mind the displays but curse the fireworks in the hands of the general public. Any thoughts on how we can get a more peaceful life this time of year?

I agree ours went on all week We also had a bomb scare and I only live in a little village in Devon
Someone was supposed to have put one in the bin outside were I live I think it was proably a firework

How about ban sales to the general public and you have to get a licence for organised ones.
Pam :kill:

N/A

Nice one!! Only licensed "display operators" allowed. Licenses dispensed in the small courts the same as pub extended hours.. we're talking about explosives after all! I've written to my MP asking him to raise this. Maybe we should all write to our wonderful politicians more.
N/A

> Nice one!! Only licensed "display operators" allowed. Licenses dispensed in the small courts the same as pub extended hours.. we're talking about explosives after all! I've written to my MP asking him to raise this. Maybe we should all write to our wonderful politicians more.

Thats correct
You have to have a licence to sell alcohol
But to blow somebodys hand off You must be 16 or over
I hold an alcohol licence and they make shure you are a respectable person before they give it to you but like you say explosives anything goes.
Pam

N/A

> > Nice one!! Only licensed "display operators" allowed. Licenses dispensed in the small courts the same as pub extended hours.. we're talking about explosives after all! I've written to my MP asking him to raise this. Maybe we should all write to our wonderful politicians more.
>
> Thats correct
> You have to have a licence to sell alcohol
> But to blow somebodys hand off You must be 16 or over
> I hold an alcohol licence and they make shure you are a respectable person before they give it to you but like you say explosives anything goes.
> Pam
>
> Totally agree, and so do most people I speak to. Am hoping to set up a Web site to get others views and hopefully get an MP or two to take these views forward.

Rosemary

N/A

> > Hi,
> >
> > Has anyone else suffered like me and my 'pooch'over the last couple of weeks! Rarely knowing when those sudden,loud fireworks will go off. The dog went crazy, the cats climbed the walls and I was a nervous wreck trying to calm them down ( often during the early hours of the morning!! ). Don't mind the displays but curse the fireworks in the hands of the general public. Any thoughts on how we can get a more peaceful life this time of year?
>
> I agree ours went on all week We also had a bomb scare and I only live in a little village in Devon
> Someone was supposed to have put one in the bin outside were I live I think it was proably a firework
>
> How about ban sales to the general public and you have to get a licence for organised ones.
> Pam :kill:
>
I also live in Devon and am suprised at the lack of consideration for the wildlife and farm animals as well. Am trying to put a Web Site together to campaign for licenced organised events only. Also am distributing petitions for those without access to computers. Have spoken to many people who agree with banning use by the public so maybe the Government may listen!!

Rosemary
>

N/A

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Has anyone else suffered like me and my 'pooch'over the last couple of weeks! Rarely knowing when those sudden,loud fireworks will go off. The dog went crazy, the cats climbed the walls and I was a nervous wreck trying to calm them down ( often during the early hours of the morning!! ). Don't mind the displays but curse the fireworks in the hands of the general public. Any thoughts on how we can get a more peaceful life this time of year?
> >
> > I agree ours went on all week We also had a bomb scare and I only live in a little village in Devon
> > Someone was supposed to have put one in the bin outside were I live I think it was proably a firework
> >
> > How about ban sales to the general public and you have to get a licence for organised ones.
> > Pam :kill:
> >
> I also live in Devon and am suprised at the lack of consideration for the wildlife and farm animals as well. Am trying to put a Web Site together to campaign for licenced organised events only. Also am distributing petitions for those without access to computers. Have spoken to many people who agree with banning use by the public so maybe the Government may listen!!
>
> Rosemary
> >
>
>

heh Smiley yes indeed - houses shook, alarms went off.
You have to wonder if the public should really be setting off 100 shot barrages in the back yard!
Strangely, the cats didn't seem too bothered.
N/A

Hey........ http://www.faxyourmp.com/

I just did mine!! And it works too!
N/A

They havn`t got louder, it`s just that you lot have got older. You see, it`s a well known sign of growing old when you start moaning how loud fireworks are.

Take a look in the mirror !

N/A

>
> Hey........ http://www.faxyourmp.com/
>
> I just did mine!! And it works too!

Thanks, will pass this on to the endless number of people who support our view. Both old and young!!!!but also mature and considerate.
elton
Grafter

> >
> > Hey........ http://www.faxyourmp.com/
> >
> > I just did mine!! And it works too!
>
> Thanks, will pass this on to the endless number of people who support our view. Both old and young!!!!but also mature and considerate.

I admit I've been a life long misuser of fireworks myself. But the increasing tendency to hold firework displays on any evening between September 20th and November 30th, is even beginning to grate on my nerves. The best advice I can give, is next time you hear a repetitive barrage of pyrotechnics being launched skywards in your own locale at an unreasonable time or date, track down the perpetrator, hide behind the hedge, and lob a few bangers randomly into their garden. Then leg it. The noise will then cease.
Bangers are not now available in any shops. Though a google search may yield plentiful supplies.
--
Skonko!
N/A

> They havn`t got louder, it`s just that you lot have got older. You see, it`s a well known sign of growing old when you start moaning how loud fireworks are.
>
> Take a look in the mirror !
>
>

My God!! That means that the ADSL forum is stuffed full of octogenarians!!!
N/A

> They havn`t got louder, it`s just that you lot have got older. You see, it`s a well known sign of growing old when you start moaning how loud fireworks are.
>
> Take a look in the mirror !
>
>

My God!! That means that the ADSL forum is stuffed full of octogenarians!!!
N/A

At first I thought that www.faxyourmp.com was "Fax Your Rump" until I actually went to the site.

> > >
> > > Hey........ http://www.faxyourmp.com/
> > >
> > > I just did mine!! And it works too!
> >
> > Thanks, will pass this on to the endless number of people who support our view. Both old and young!!!!but also mature and considerate.
>
> I admit I've been a life long misuser of fireworks myself. But the increasing tendency to hold firework displays on any evening between September 20th and November 30th, is even beginning to grate on my nerves. The best advice I can give, is next time you hear a repetitive barrage of pyrotechnics being launched skywards in your own locale at an unreasonable time or date, track down the perpetrator, hide behind the hedge, and lob a few bangers randomly into their garden. Then leg it. The noise will then cease.
> Bangers are not now available in any shops. Though a google search may yield plentiful supplies.
>
> --
> Skonko!
>

N/A

OO you are cheeky, but I like you!

:bounce: