cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about a moderated thread (split from thread in CF)

N/A

[Moderators note (by acarr) : The idea behind removing certains parts of posts is as such, to remove them. Please refrain from repeating them. Please see my reply below]
19 REPLIES
N/A

The post made had an item noted, that could cause offence to many people and as such, was rightfully removed.

Both the moderation team, and thankfuly PlusNet support that free speach should be promoted throughout the forums. However, in the interest of sanity, keeping things tidy and preventing deliberate arguments, rules are imposed.

A deliberate argument does not allways mean that the original poster has caused it (in this case I would say not), but something noted may cause another member to pounce and start it.

All froum members are welcome to edit there own post, where they feel they wish to rephrase an item or correct it. However, it is against the rules to remove a moderators comments, or to simply re-inject the original items posted.
N/A

Smiley sorry hah.

but u know it was true Smiley

thanks guyz its working lovely.
Community Veteran

but u know it was true

Possibly was but as Phil correctly states there are forum rules and one of them is not to post things that will cause offence or argument.
N/A

indeed Smiley

hehe
N/A

acarr, Whats the point in removing my argument that a post had been altered by a mod to read something different than that was was intended, and then posting your own view. Talk about one sided.
If a post is offensive and I agree that cundells was, then the whole thing should be removed and not be made to say something else.
The original post now reads that only a few percent of users have problems with the service, it first read that a few percent of users had a certain personal defect which I won't repeat.
In it's original form it would not have recieved a post of thanks from the PlusNet support team.
The context has been changed by the mod, this is dangeroud ground and removing my post that complained about it is only making matters worse.
The forum will have no value if mods are going to remove arguments and change the context of posts as they see fit.

1984 or what?
N/A

Big brother is watching you, and his sister and little brother.
N/A

argument - "debate especially heated one"
discussion - "examination by argument"
forum - "place of or meeting for public discussion"

...what manner of place is this methought it were a Forum.
N/A

Possibly was but as Phil correctly states there are forum rules and one of them is not to post things that will cause offence or argument.

Ironic isn't it that the only thing that has caused argument is altering the post in the first place?
:lol:
Community Veteran

The context has been changed by the mod

A have to disagree with this statement.
If you look at the number of users now shown at the foot of the forums it is now over 10,000 They are not all having problems so the few percent having trouble is still correct.
N/A

Moderators note (John) I have deleted some words from this message as they were destined to provoke arguments.

I can't find anything in the forum guidlines that prevents posts
that provoke arguments, could you please clarify.
There's something about stopping people from being abusive
and rude, but if this is the rule that was being applied it
should really be made clear at the offset.
Thanks.
N/A

[<snip>They are not all having problems so the few percent having trouble is still correct.

IMHO there's a bit of iffy logic there John. Just because people aren't posting details of their problems in this Forum isn't proof that they are not having any.

The majority are like me - just grin and bear it Cheesy :? :shock:
N/A

We never had these problems before we had mods...... Cry
Community Veteran

There's something about stopping people from being abusive
and rude, but if this is the rule that was being applied it
should really be made clear at the offset.

Yes you are perfectly correct here. I did not express myself properly in my initial statement.

The words deleted were abusive and rude to the people who have been having problems and in my opinion would have caused serious arguments had they been left there.
Constructive arguments in themselves are fine but they can reach a point where they become slanging matches and this in my opinion is what would have happened had the words remained in public view.
Hence the removal.

I hope this has cleared this up for you.
N/A

Yes it has, thanks for the clarification.
Regards,
Alec.