cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed Up

N/A

Fed Up

I am so fed up of cars....they cost a fortune to run, and then you go crash em!

Hit a patch of oil on the road tonight, spun the car, and planted it nicely into a firm road sign, wiped out the back end, towbar, spare wheel on the back door, the back door itself and those lovely useless bloody plastic bumpers!!, we walked away (the wife and I) with a few aches n sprains, but the killer of it, less than 300 metres from a previous accident 3 years ago!!!, phoned the cops out of courtesy, she laughed when she asked if there were any injuries, and I replied that just a some sprains but no worries, we volunteer for the ambulance service!!

one very cheesed off pussy!!
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Fed Up

Shame to hear about your days misfortune, not a good start to the week but at least you're ok and thats the main thing. Smiley
N/A

Fed Up

Yip. At least you and the missus are ok.

Sorry to hear the bad news . Hopefully the insurance will pay out quickly though.
N/A

Fed Up

thanks, and had just thought of something else, 600ltr bottle of oxygen in the boot, glad its made out of kevlar cos the boot took the full force of the imapct, thankfully, neither that nor the defib were damaged, checked them both out at home, defib has a self test system and its running fine! Its one thing the charity would not want to replace
N/A

Fed Up

A Silver lining to a large ugly dark cloud!
Glad you're OK plus the defib.

At least you get to re-coup some of the otherwise 'lost' money that is spent on cars (insurance).
Incidentally would the insurer have covered you had you had to replace the defib? And are there any extra restrictions/costs involved in carrying the O2?
N/A

Fed Up

thankfully no there isnt "most" insurance companies do not charge due to the fact of it being a hand held bottle, also more are starting recognize the First Response Schemes and understand that we are still driving under the highway code, not breaking speed limits etc.

As for replacing damaged EM equipment, as far as I know it would have been down to the charity to pay for it, and at £2500 per bag, not a friendly thing, with the defib costing some £1600 of that
N/A

Fed Up

Your right robynfali, just what is it with these totally rubbish plastic bumpers.
They look crap, they dont work, they're expensive to replace, they fall off and crack at the slightest hint of a barely detectable contact.
Bring back the wrap round chrome bumpers, they could take a fair whack, stayed on and looked good when polished up.
The same thing applies to hub caps, plastic crap that breaks when you try to get them off. And when changing a wheel you can't keep your wheelnuts in them like the old shiny chrome hub caps
N/A

Fed Up

I agree mate, everything is plastic these days, mind you its all about recycling isnt it.

SAYING THAT....its the second crash i have had in 5 years, the one before, was a 70mph crash just about 300m away from this one, I walked away from that too, but that time the side took the full force of the impact, and the impact protection bars in the doors protected me, that was a jap car too, a corolla, and people wonder why i buy japanese cars, I will carry on doing so....the car went to the hospital today, hopefully be back out soon! got a LURVELY courtesy car...suzuki alti..1.1 lol, nippy little buggar tho
avalon
Grafter

Fed Up

thanks, and had just thought of something else, 600ltr bottle of oxygen in the boot, glad its made out of kevlar cos the boot took the full force of the imapct,
:shock:

Glad you're Ok. I wouldn't fancy being in a car accident with a 600 litre tank of oxygen in the boot and a tank full of petrol. Not unless I wanted to be the first Briton to land on the moon. :lol:

If I were in your place I'd be less worried about who would replace the defib machine if it got busted and more in who would replace me if the Oxygen tank ruptured.
N/A

Fed Up

I'm unique, no one can replace me :lol:, the cases we are given for our equipment are pretty damn sturdy too thank god, but if the defib had been damaged I really wouldnt have forgiven myself, its hard to get the money for these things in the first place, without the generousity of the island
N/A

Fed Up

Bit late in my response here,

But im glad your alright. I have a mate up this way ( who lives in one of the local villages ) and she is a First responder. The roads to the villages out here arent that good when its dark let alone when you have other elements added to the mix such as oil, diesel, ice etc.
N/A

Fed Up

We are still petitioning for a green light throughout the country, but that would take some MAJOR changes in the law....this time thankfully, it wasnt on a shout or anything, in fact we have a monthly meeting, catchup sorta thing, and it was that I was on my way to.
shellsong
Grafter

Fed Up

Did a First Responder turn up to attend to you? Tongue
N/A

Fed Up

A patch of oil?
:shock:

How did a patch of oil appear on the road I wonder?
My guess is that because it's the same stretch of road you had your previous accident on that it must be a a grudge prankster Wink
N/A

Fed Up

Did a First Responder turn up to attend to you? Tongue

2 of them actually lol, on their way to the same meeting!