cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favourite songs

N/A

Favourite songs

I've been thinking that it's been a while since I came across a 'favourite songs' type thread, so here it is!

What sort of songs / music are you into?

My favourite song of all time has to be
Right here waiting - Richard Marx

However my musical tastes are extremely varied, and cover everything from 50's and 60's rock and roll right through to modern day love ballads. The only sort of music that I really cannot stand is rap! (although I am no fan of dance either).
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Favourite songs

My favourite piece of music?

Dvorak's Ninth Symphony (and I mean the whole thing, not just the little Hovis-ad bit). :lol:

Thomas
Community Veteran

Favourite songs

My favourite song; that's a though one I'd probably have to say the finale from Les Miserables. But I like lots of music...
N/A

Favourite songs

I have two fav tunes of all time (wouldn't call them songs)

Paul van Dyk vs JPS - Found an Angel
David Morales presents The Face - Needin' U
N/A

Favourite songs

But I like lots of music...

i will back dan up on that one, i have seen the list of ipod tunes on his blog, extremely varied

A Little Fall of Rain from Les Miserable Complete Symphonic Recording;
Windmills of Your Mind - Elaine Page
American Pie - Don Mclean
Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
Build Me Up Buttercup - The Foundations
Colours of The Wind - Vanessa Williams
Daydream Beliver - The Monkees
Fame - Irene Cara
I Think We;re Alone Now - Tiffany
Next Time You Fall In Love from Starlight Express
Sitting Down Here
Starlight Express from erm erm; what;s it from; oh yes Starlight Express
Alecto
Grafter

Favourite songs

Has anyone noticed that with a lot of popular music, it wears off and the more you hear it, the less keen you are on it. But with other music, mainly classical (Mozart and Bach to name but a few), it wears on and the more you hear it, the more you find in it and the more you like it.

I'm sure this must be a recognised phenomenon and have a name.
N/A

Favourite songs

I'm sure this must be a recognised phenomenon and have a name.

Yep, it's called getting old Wink
Alecto
Grafter

Favourite songs

:lol:

But 'twas so even when I was less old than I now am.
N/A

Favourite songs

Yes, like Daniel I like the show tunes (loved seeing Les Mis in Manchester a few years back), but my tastes are, how you say, eclectic.

In no particular order, just what's in my CD Walkman or in the car much of the time...

• "Arrasando", "Ponle Remedio", "Seduccion", "Un Sueño Para Dos" (although it's fair to say ANYTHING) by Thalía
  • "Y Yo Sigo Aqui", "El Ultimo Adios", "I Was Born For Loving You", by Paulina Rubio
  • "Yo Vivo En Ti", "Enamorada" (Gypsy Kings Remix or original), "Pantera En Libertad", by Mónica Naranjo
  • "123", "Cuba Libre" (oh dear, I didn't know there was a video...), "Oye Mi Canto", by Gloria Estefan
  • Oh, and Laura Pausini's "From The Inside" CD in the bath.

I was a sad old trance fan (Solar Stone STILL rock), but on a holiday in Tenerife I discovered Spanish language pop...Yes, I know there's a web site to be created, I'm still thinking about it. There's a world of music out there that doesn't appear on most Brits' radar because it's not sung in English.
Denzil
Grafter

Favourite songs

Favourite song - that's a big question. For me it varies a bit depending on what I am listening to at the time. How about these for a start...(not all songs, strictly, but lets extend it to music in general).

Bach - anything!
Vivaldi - Stabat Mater
Siouxsie and the Banshees - anything, they could do very little wrong.
Goldfrapp - Crystalline Green
The White Stripes - Stop Breaking Down
Led Zeppelin - When the levee breaks
Pink Floyd - Time
The Sisters of Mercy - Marian