cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favourite new show??

stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Favourite new show??

I'm currently enjoying 'The 4400' running on Sky One just now, what new stuff are you watching?
20 REPLIES
N/A

Favourite new show??

I've always been a big fan of Scrubs - which used to be on Channel 4. However, they've yet to get the new season 4 episodes...oh well, guess I have to wait a bit Smiley
the_norris
Grafter

Favourite new show??

I'm been watching the new Battlestar Galatica on Skyone. Some nice twists to the story line from the orginal. But some of the things are getting a bit annoying.

Phil
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Favourite new show??

But some of the things are getting a bit annoying.
Phil

Funny you should say that, I've actually given up on it, I just thought it had lost it's way somehow.
N/A

Favourite new show??

I'm been watching the new Battlestar Galatica on Skyone.

Yep, I've been watching that too, I thought it's been pretty good so far, but it's been dragging it's feet a bit.

Aaron
N/A

Favourite new show??

I missed it this week, so I am hoping to catch the repeat some time (that, or take Sky up on there Sky+ offer of £150 when you take multi-room as well).

It's not what I had expected.

I'm also missing out on Stargate Atlantis and SG1, because I'm too lazy to shove a reminder popup on my computer.
N/A

Favourite new show??

Most TV series are posted on the web, including star gate and battlestar. I'm not sure of the legal side, since you can record then off the TV as well.

I'm hoping to get SKY + too, only £99 on it's own .

Aaron
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Favourite new show??

Most TV series are posted on the web, including star gate and battlestar. I'm not sure of the legal side, since you can record then off the TV as well.
Aaron

Around what size of download would a 45 minute episode be - is that the type of thing that is making certain unmentionable people so far over their download 'quota' :?: (At the risk of opening up yet another thread for them :roll: )
N/A

Favourite new show??

About 600MB , and yes I don't want this thread to be hi-jacked into something else.

Aaron
N/A

Favourite new show??

I am surprised many peopel need to download them still.

Sky has how many chanels? Yet over 50% of programming on suscription networks is made up of repeats.

That actualy evolves this to another thread, of how much of non-subscription TV will be repeats this Xmas?

IIRC, last year it was over 60%
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Favourite new show??

From what's been in the papers so far this Christmas's TV is set to be the poorest ever..... if it could get worse then last year Sad
N/A

Favourite new show??

I Guess when I get SKY + maybe I won't need to download them.

SKY is always full of repeats but then some channels such as UKGold Etc, only show repeats. I guess it's better than 5 channels, and I normally can find something to watch. Discovery is quite good.

Christmas TV seems to have been getting worse over the last few years, I have no idea why, but then I didn't have Sky last year, so it could be better this year lol .

Aaron
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Favourite new show??

I've had Sky almost since it was launched, and without wanting to rain on your parade I have to warn you that it is getting worse - much worse.
If you haven't ever watched it, the first thing that will drive you mad is the adverts - they go on for ever and there are lots of breaks - hence a 44 minute episode of say Star Trek actually lasts 1 hour on Sky or the Simpsons - 20 mins on BBC2 = 30 minutes on Sky.
The main channel for me used to be Sky One - all the first run, great 'escapist nonsense' shows that I love - X-Files, Star Trek, Simpsons, Buffy, Angel, etc., etc., plus some great new stuff - Cold Case, The 4400, Tru Calling etc. But now it's quite common to have whole evenings of say, just The Simpsons - and all repeats - and more than once in a week too. They also stick in old films now, which you never used to get on Sky One but they'll be cheap and they fill a couple of hours.
If you are prepared to spend more, you get more, with the World package over £30 per month, and then yes you're right, you can usually find something Cheesy

Don't mean to put you off... Just letting you know what to expect!
N/A

Favourite new show??

Hi Stewart,

No worries, I've had SKY a little while now, so I'm used to the programmes when they are on, repeats etc etc. Sky one is the main channel I watch, although some of the stuff on discovery and history channels is quite good. I live in an area with a poor signal for non-digital TV, so it's a step up what ever the qualitiy of the programmes are like.

Aaron
N/A

Favourite new show??

With two kids hogging TV for cartoons, hubby loving all the footy/rugby... and me playing ET.. i dont have much chance to watch TV... but i have just begun watching The 4400 on Sky One.. its great so far....Smiley I was a very keen fan of the X-Files and like all the Sci-Fi type of stuff so im finding it a good watch Smiley beats the heck out of the crappy soaps any day!!!! (just dont tell my mum i said that!!! ) LOL