cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fair Usuage Start Date?

N/A

Fair Usuage Start Date?

When it starts will i get an email; telling me that i can now do a free upgrade etc.?
16 REPLIES
N/A

Fair Usuage Start Date?

The speed upgrades are BT dependant. PlusNet will only find out 3 days before a cusotmer is going to be upgraded - and as I understand it all customers on that exchange will be upgraded at the same time. These start at the begining of April.

The changes to View my Broadband Usage and the Fair Usage Policy are pencilled in for the 11th April at the moment. However, Dave is still checking if the FUP starts on the 11th or the next billing date.
N/A

Fair Usuage Start Date?

Upgrade to 8MB? i hope...
N/A

Fair Usuage Start Date?

Not likely in the short term - 8MB is about to start testing I believe, though. However, its only on certain exchange for customers hand-picked by BT.
N/A

Fair Usuage Start Date?

Not likely in the short term - 8MB is about to start testing I believe, though. However, its only on certain exchange for customers hand-picked by BT.

But they've finished trialing the 8MBps, i found out that their starting to trial the new ADSL2+ 18MBPS, its in the latest PcPro magazine if you dont believe me
N/A

Fair Usuage Start Date?

8mbit is now being comercially tested, internal testing is just beggining on ADSL2+ .
N/A

Fair Usuage Start Date?

aha so by that you mean that their trialing by letting us test it, basically?
zone8
Grafter

Fair Usuage Start Date?

But they've finished trialing the 8MBps, i found out that their starting to trial the new ADSL2+ 18MBPS, its in the latest PcPro magazine if you dont believe me

18mbit connection will be internal to BT workers. When the testing starts
N/A

Fair Usuage Start Date?

so if you work for BT then you can test 18 MBHuh?? Tongue
zone8
Grafter

Fair Usuage Start Date?

so if you work for BT then you can test 18 MBHuh?? Tongue

well im not 100% sure which BT workers will be on the trial but yeah if you work for BT then you have a high chance of trying out 18mbit LoL Smiley
N/A

Fair Usuage Start Date?

wow sounds good but i bet you'll have to pay for the line/activation etc. theirs gotta be a catch!
N/A

Fair Usuage Start Date?

I bet the catch is that it may not work properly all the time and I imagine lots of interruptions for the tests!
zone8
Grafter

Fair Usuage Start Date?

it will be free setup simply because they are testing it. & yeah the speed will change alot because they will be testing all the new gear see how it all runs. BT network guys will get to test it at home I bet. Smiley
N/A

Fair Usuage Start Date?

aha, but as its free, you could keep your first telephone line (as second would be 18MB) and the first one could be used as a backup (2MB or 8MB if avaliable), theres your problem sorted! (i think)
zone8
Grafter

Fair Usuage Start Date?

Now this is all stuff I dont know Smiley