cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FUP NOT - BUT WOT ABOUT FREE SPEED UPGRADES

N/A

So looks like FUP is out but will we still be getting max speed upgrades according to our exchange ?

Vic
5 REPLIES
slev
Grafter

Hi

Plusnet / Free-online will still be giving everyone free upgrades upto 2 mb if your line supports it,

This is still ongoing and will take several months to complete.

Kind Regards

Ian
N/A

:?

Yep and in the meantime freinds who have jioned companies like Virgin net started at 512mb got upraded to either 1mb or 2mb weeks ago and they are paying less.
I only hope that the contention ratio of 30:1 will make it worth staying
but £21.99 a month is now becoming expensive when compared to value of your other packages and other suppliers. Sad
Community Veteran

As far as I can see, the document we've been shown is a BT upgrade schedule. So that says when BT is going to do the work at the exchanges. Am I right?

If that's the case, then how come a number of people have indicated friends (presumably on the same exchange) who have already had speed upgrades.

The only answer that comes to mind, is that the upgrades are those ordered by FOL, which raises the question, as to why FOL were so far behind their competitors in placing orders for the work to be done?

:?: Was someone asleep at the wheel?
    :?: Was it a deliberate policy decision to hold on to the money as long as possible?
    :?: Will FOL/plusnet reach their 100,000 mark if customers leave in droves over this?
    :?: Or are they relying on good old inertia to get them over it?

John
slev
Grafter

Hi

This was asked several weeks ago on the Plusnet forum and the reply was that Plusnet held back the bulk re-grade of all customers lines upto 2 mb until the FUP and New Products were ready to be released.

As we all know now all the New FUP products and FUP has been scrapped.

The re-grades are still ongoing and will be for a few months.

You would think BT would upgrade all customers on each exchange at once but this is not the case Sad

This is why some like myself paid the £14.99 to re-grade to 2mb to save waiting.

Kind Regards

Ian
Community Veteran

Fair point about paying to get the upgrade earlier Cheesy

But I'm not sure that the rest is much of an answer. Plusnet/FOL decided to wait.... why? The 4 main questions remain unanswered.

As for BT, it would be too much to expect them to carry out the work without even being asked. I can see the letter. "Dear Plusnet, since we were at the exchange anyway, we thought we'd just upgrade all your customers for you. Hope you don't mind. Yours sincerely BT" Wink

John