cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP - posting information on my WEB now i have broadband

N/A

FTP - posting information on my WEB now i have broadband

i no longer want to use a dial up modem because i have an open broadband line, but this is messing up my ability to use my ftp to download pages to my website...any one experienced the same problem - what is the solution
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: FTP VIA Broadband,REPLY

> i no longer want to use a dial up modem because i have an open broadband line, but this is messing up my ability to use my ftp to download pages to my website...any one experienced the same problem - what is the solution

Hi,
If you have changed over to a broadband service you shouldn't have any problems connecting to your webspace via FTP. I would check some of the following things, (I know this sounds abit dumb but is your website space activated yet?).

If your webspace is activated (working & available)next check that you have entered the correct FTP hostname or IP address into your FTP client software such as homepages.force9.net

If you have ADSL and are using a personal firewall (recommended!)try turning the firewall of temporarily as this could hinder or cause connection problems (but most likely only when ADSL speeds are slow or very poor).

Also check you have entered the correct username & password into your FTP client software.

**watch out for any specific error messages if you get any as they might give you clues as to the nature of the problem.

But basically with ADSL you should be able to connect to your webspace vai FTP in seconds.

Best Regards
Ivan

--
N/A

RE: FTP VIA Broadband,REPLY

As was mentioned in the other recent thread about FTP (either Force9 or ADSL forum), try connecting with PASV enabled and disabled and if that fails try WS_FTP (unless of course you're already using it)